No announcement yet.

UK Championship '15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe going up a gear, breaks of 63 and 101 making it 2 - 2 at the interval.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• UK Championship '15

blimey, go out for a few frames and now checking the websites and streams, Murphy must have been on a promise or something? :wink:
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        blimey, go out for a few frames and now checking the websites and streams, Murphy must have been on a promise or something? :wink:
        It was very quick stuff, long pots followed by big breaks. Murphy looks to be in good form, so he could be a danger in this tournament. He has quite a reasonable draw as well, Fu in the last16 should be the first real test.

Unfortunately Zhou didn't have much chance to show what he can do tonight. He potted some good long balls, but was rarely in a good position to score. There is always next time... :smile:

Comment

• UK Championship '15

luckily, I'll probably watch that match at half-midnight on BBC2 :wink:
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Surprised to see Williams concede needing just one snooker, ok he was snookered himself, but worth a go surely? Anyway, 3 all it is.

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Williams must have been kicking himself after that sloppy safety, letting Perry in, but you just knew he'd get another chance, Joe not looking very happy out there tonight.

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• I was surprised McManus was favourite against Burnett,they must have been dazzled by Jill Douglas in the ITV 4 booth

Comment

• Did Perry mouth some pottymouth words on his way out??? lol
                  #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

• You don't often see performances like that from Perry these days. Probably the worst he's played on TV since his match against Allen at the Masters almost a year ago. :smile:

Comment

• Lol not sure, but I am sure I heard Willie Thorne swear on commentary just before he signed off he said Robbie Williams beats Joe Perry 6-3, then I am sure he said the F world followed by hell, did anyone else pick this up, Willie Thorne must be a Joe Perry fan and not a Robbie Williams one, Also both players have names after famous singers Joe Perry was a member of 80's American rock band Journey and Robbie Williams a member of Take That and also had a successful solo career as well.
                      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Thorne probably had his shirt on the wrong horse. Again.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                          Williams must have been kicking himself after that sloppy safety, letting Perry in, but you just knew he'd get another chance, Joe not looking very happy out there tonight.

-
                          Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                          Did Perry mouth some pottymouth words on his way out??? lol
                          Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                          You don't often see performances like that from Perry these days. Probably the worst he's played on TV since his match against Allen at the Masters almost a year ago. :smile:
                          Perry was quite pissed lol

Perry did not hold back in criticism of what he felt were unnecessarily negative tactics from his opponent.

“It was honestly the most bored I’ve been in a snooker match,” said Perry. “I don’t want to be too disrespectful but what do you get out of playing like that? I was bored after two frames. It’s a massive event and I know he’s trying hard and good luck to him.

“I remember somebody once said watching a game of snooker was like pulling teeth and that was worse. The style and speed of play was a joke. It’s something the game needs to address if we’re going to get new fans and sponsors.

“It’s not about having a shot clock. Players need to change their mentality. You need to go out and try and win rather than try not to lose. I think it’s put my daughter off for life though because she’s probably fast asleep up there.

“It’s just not the way to play snooker. At my time in my career it’s about enjoying snooker and if I have to play like that every time I come out then it won’t be long before I call it a day. I love the game but that’s not fun – it’s just hard work.”
                          http://www.worldsnooker.com/murphy-escapes-zhou/

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                            I was surprised McManus was favourite against Burnett,they must have been dazzled by Jill Douglas in the ITV 4 booth
                            yea Angles was way underpriced there

Comment

• absolutely fully agree with Perry and his comments. I said to my mate whilst watching it that Williams was doing a number on him. Played so many negative shots, so the game just comes down to patience, I never thought snooker should be about patience.

Seems to me there are more and more players now who are playing the game this way because they know it annoys the opponent and to be honest what good is it doing the game! People will argue that you can play how you like but its no good if sponsors and broadcasters start to give up backing the game.

I actually think it was a big mistake going to 128 for big events like this, takes away a lot of the prestige of the event. This just feels like a longer frame EPTC event and I think its no surprise we are seeing some big shocks and top players looking fed up. Ronnie seems vindicated in not playing at the moment, as a fan I'm quite bored of the game these days. Too little prize money to share around and too many minor events means all the players are literally fighting for a win which is going to result in many long drawn out games. Its damaging the game where the players should be trying to make it as entertaining as possible, especially with the threat that the BBC will drop snooker, just what kind of advertisement is this!

Comment

• Very disappointing to read those comments from 'Gentleman Joe', stop winging and just accept the fact that on the day you were not good enough to beat your opponent. And I'll say again and again and again Ad infinitum to those who don't appreciate this style of play, as many people enjoy what you may consider to be 'boring snooker' as do the fast and furious stuff, which I also enjoy. IMO last night's match was good fun, nothing wrong with it at all, and I am absolutely positive I'm not the only one who enjoyed it.

Anyway, nice 87 from Judd.

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X