Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rasson, Star, Rileys etc

Hi all,
    Just wondered if anyone has had the opportunity to play on a rasson table yet. I will be in the market for a table in the very near future.
    I've waited along time to get in this position so really I won't be compromising on the quality of the table.

I guess the same question has been asked over and over about do i get star, Rileys etc.. etc..
    The rasson looks like a 21st century table which surely has to be a good thing with the advances in tech.

I have not
    but the Rasson table looked ok except for the ledges at the tops of the legs that looked like they would be dust-magnets
    Let us know how you get on and photos of the progress when you do
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by EvilDealer View Post
      Hi all,
      Just wondered if anyone has had the opportunity to play on a rasson table yet. I will be in the market for a table in the very near future.
      I've waited along time to get in this position so really I won't be compromising on the quality of the table.

I guess the same question has been asked over and over about do i get star, Rileys etc.. etc..
      The rasson looks like a 21st century table which surely has to be a good thing with the advances in tech.
      One thing to bare in mind is that the Riley aristocrat has been described by many table fitters as "beautifully over engineered". It's design was the blue print for Star who made it cheaper, with cheaper materials and over the years watching tourneys we have all seen the issues they have had.

Basically the Riley was so good it was too expensive for the professional tour to keep using! If you are looking for a table to set up once and for life you won't go wrong with a steel block version of the Aristocrat. Ask pottr on here as he has a nice example set up.

The Rasson will have an unknown longevity and quality status for a few years yet, are you prepared to be a guinea pig for them?

As the Riley is a quality product buying a good one second hand is not an issue. New they cost circa £12k but I saw one recently for sale on eBay that looked almost new for £5k.

All my opinion, but I think many will agree.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Karnehm & Hillman tables are also known as being beautifully made of the best quality materials, same as CC says about Aristocrats, but they don't come up for sale that often
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Karnehm & Hillman tables are also known as being beautifully made of the best quality materials, same as CC says about Aristocrats, but they don't come up for sale that often
          Yes indeed, good shout Dean! One of Geoff Large's favourite tables and he's put a fair few together over the years so should know what good looks like.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Steel block Riley Aristocrat with double bolted legs. Adjustable slate muntings. Fully restored to showroom condition. Can be polished metallic silver or the traditional rosewood colour. Full suite of playing accessories. Available ex stock.

Comment

Hi, there was a thread about the Rasson / Champion of Champions somewhere, including pictures of installation if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
                Hi, there was a thread about the Rasson / Champion of Champions somewhere, including pictures of installation if I remember correctly.
                Yes indeed, original thread below. very nice too. It played great I thought, but would I choose it over an aristocrat or KH steel block???? No.

Some pictures have popped up on twitter, good to see they are not using the black pocket leather. I wonder if WSS is fitting them?

Original Source: Star table not being used ...... http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz5hL7IlJSh
                - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
                Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook
                Last edited by Cue crafty; 5 March 2019, 10:48 PM.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by maryfield View Post
                  Steel block Riley Aristocrat with double bolted legs. Adjustable slate muntings. Fully restored to showroom condition. Can be polished metallic silver or the traditional rosewood colour. Full suite of playing accessories. Available ex stock.
                  Hi, Sorry are you saying you have one available? please can you PM me with details if so.
                  Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X