Coral tour chanpionchip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
    Judd will be the first finalist, it seems.
    Haha, nice jinxing!

Comment

• My internet died at 8-6, and when I come back I have to read about missing the "match of the decade". Worst thing ever. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        My internet died at 8-6, and when I come back I have to read about missing the "match of the decade". Worst thing ever. :smile:
        Not sure if I'm all snookered out or it's just the mood I'm in, but it wasn't all that if you ask me. I just didn't feel as involved as I usually do. Although that could have something to do with the fact I left the match a few times to watch something or other on DVD. I was dipping in and out of it and only caught the last few mins of the decider.

I hate to say it, but I think there's probably too much snooker on TV these days.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Finally, Had dinner. Oops breakfast after that roller coaster. Can't sleep now.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            My internet died at 8-6, and when I come back I have to read about missing the "match of the decade". Worst thing ever. :smile:
            I can imagine how terrible this was for you. But soon you will be able to see the match on youtube.

I just read in you profile that you are from Slowenia! I live only 15 km away from the boarder in Hungary. Every two or three months I drive to Lendava for shopping at Lidl. Everytime I think: When will the Hungarians see how far behind they are concerning the development of their country? Seems like they don't care or like they are not interested...
            If you visit me, you can play snooker free! Check my photo album.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              10/3 not 130/1 !

Poor shot selection from Trump with the yellow at that pace . But the yellow from Ronnie was sublime .......awesome , epic match
              The final black too, after all that effort, there was still no guarantee he'd get it!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                Not sure if I'm all snookered out or it's just the mood I'm in, but it wasn't all that if you ask me. I just didn't feel as involved as I usually do. Although that could have something to do with the fact I left the match a few times to watch something or other on DVD. I was dipping in and out of it and only caught the last few mins of the decider.

I hate to say it, but I think there's probably too much snooker on TV these days.
                Couldn't disagree more! I've watched a lot of snooker over the last few decades and that was up there with the best matches I've seen. And I love that there's so much more snooker on TV these days and now that the UK championship is a shorter format it is brilliant to have a tournament with longer frames other than the World Championship. Loving this tournament.

Comment

• “I’m not driven by records and I’m glad I’m not. You take the beauty out of the game if you do that, then it all becomes about statistics. I’d trade every ranking point that I have made and every bit of prize money for the experiences and the highs I have had from playing this game since I was a kid. There are very few people that have been the best in the world and the greatest at what they do. I feel like I am in that bracket. There are 8 billion people on this planet. How many can say they are the greatest at what they do? For me I have had the ultimate experience of being the king of my sport and I am still fighting and still punching, I’m proud of that.”

Ronnie after this memorable match.

Comment

• Ronnie was brilliant as usual.Wonderful match.Trump too was fantastic,but he is a bit frustrating at times.He threw it all away with his wild shot on the yellow.I dont think he will ever become World Champion unless he disciplines himself to cut out these unforced errors.

Comment

• Here is the decider of last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ayulkJtGfo - yes, at 4:26 they started a commercial by error!

and here is the full match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpC07WUUU_E
                      Last edited by herbie; 22 March 2019, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Great format. Longer distance matches are so much more suitable for this sport in general...
                        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• there was a pool league match going on down the pub last night, you should have heard the cheer when the fluked pink went in, and the astonishment at missing the yellow, and the cheer for the black along the rail.

And they say they are not interested in snooker :biggrin:
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Anyone with the link to the interview pls?

Comment

• Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                              Anyone with the link to the interview pls?
                              https://www.facebook.com/10215162061...147062?sfns=mo

and on youtube:

https://youtu.be/I0la5HkEsmQ
                              Last edited by fkhan; 22 March 2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• This is probably impossible to find out, but I can't imagine there have been many occasions where someone has potted a ball for 72 shots in succession as Ronnie did yesterday when he made a total clearance and then after Judd broke off made another total clearance from his first shot in the next frame.

Comment

Working...
                                X