Pictures of your tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of your tips

Hello. Joined a few days a go, have made an introduction in the newbies section. Apollogies if this thread has been done before, I could find any with the search.

Just looking for some ideas/pictures on how people have there tips? shapes sizes etc

Many thanks in advance,

HJ

Here's one of mine, 10mm Talisman soft on a 9.3mm ferrule

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Here's one of mine, 10mm Talisman soft on a 9.3mm ferrule
      Any excuse to get ya tips out you....:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
        Any excuse to get ya tips out you....:snooker:
        Lol - i like Oscar's idea for a thread tho

Comment

But not sure if i'd like to see what kinda stuff that grouch would be into...:snooker:

Comment

Hello SnookerLoopy 08,

A picture says a thousand words, I like the way you have this setup. I will try to replicate and try it out.
            Thanks,
            I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Comment

Nice work bob~~ I always have trouble shaping the side of the tip to same level with the tip..

Comment

i trim with an extremely sharp knife, till its completely flush with the ferrule, then i use a bit of tape, and fine sand paper to sand the sides, then i get a bit of slick paper and rub the side of the tip so it goes hard n smooth, then i sand n shape the top =] takes about 15 mins all up then i use wirewool to sand the side of the ferrules to polish it and remove excess glue that i didnt take off with the knife!

those ferrules ARENT polished yet btw =]

Comment

The curves are pretty good, but are they too thick ? the feel may be not solid
                    It is oly my humble opion, please correct me if I am wrong

Comment

The thickness works for Pro Granite tips. any other tip and i normally thin it down by sanding or filing, but with pro granite, u get a lot of feel through it even when its thick. trust me.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, Is the pro granite tips durable ? expensive ?

Comment

pretty cheap. about twice the price of elks. very very durable. IMO the best pressed tip to come out ever. really responsive, doesnt need much playing in, very responsive to get work on the cue ball, and grips extremely well for a hard tip. not just that but gets a lot of feel through the cue aswell.

Comment

Thank you very much. I'll try

Comment

Originally Posted by BoBnoGG!n View Post
                              i trim with an extremely sharp knife, till its completely flush with the ferrule, then i use a bit of tape, and fine sand paper to sand the sides, then i get a bit of slick paper and rub the side of the tip so it goes hard n smooth, then i sand n shape the top =] takes about 15 mins all up then i use wirewool to sand the side of the ferrules to polish it and remove excess glue that i didnt take off with the knife!

those ferrules ARENT polished yet btw =]
                              Nice way of shaping tip there bob~~ wat size of sandpaper you use to sand the side ?

Comment

Working...
                              X