No announcement yet.

Ssb - snooker in a fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so? why should he care about anyone else other than ronnie o'sullivan? ....and who are you to judge? are you suggesting he pays attention to nobodies like you, deanh and the infamous welsh troll who defame him in snooker forums? you can defame him all you want, it won't change the fact that he biggest drawcard in the sport of snooker and has millions of fans around the world who appreciate his skills, talent, results and for some, personality
    Last edited by arbitrage; 19 September 2013, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
      so? why should he care about anyone else other than ronnie o'sullivan? ....and who are you to judge? are you suggesting he pays attention to nobodies like you, deanh and the infamous welsh troll who defame him in snooker forums? you can defame him all you want, it won't change the fact that he biggest drawcard in the sport of snooker and has millions of fans around the world who appreciate his skills, talent, results and for some, personality
      well humans are generally gregarious by nature, they wish to be sociable and flock together as you clearly do arbitrage since you are a member of this forum ...

Ronnie seems a little different ... he is gregarious to the extent that he wants to tell us what he is thinking but he seems to consider himself separate from the rest of us humans ... some say he has a bipolar disorder, I'm not sure about that, I think he's probably just a very spoilt brat with an outrageous talent which has made him 10's of millions of pounds ...

that's not to criticise him by the way ... I suspect most "geniuses" or over-achievers have severe personality disorders of one sort or another ...

Comment

One of the problems seems to be the ability to bet on small parts of the game (e.g. winner/loser of the first frame, first colour potted, first frame foul, to pot first ball, etc, etc). So a player could deliberately fix only a small part of the match and still go on to win so not risk losing prize money/ranking points, etc. Stephen Lee seems to have been able to earn some extra cash without him needing to take a fall. Cricket had the same issue with the no balls bowled at a particular time without the need to lose the game.

Perhaps legal betting needs to be limited only outcomes of matches rather than small pieces that could be more easily manipulated.

What do you think?
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

...to nobodies like you, deanh and the infamous welsh troll who defame him in snooker forums?
          do you know what, I take that as a compliment from a prat like you

at least I am not a...
          oh, where to start...?
          Last edited by DeanH; 20 September 2013, 08:41 AM.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Love or loath o'sullivan i can bet you that he has far more followers than haters, his personality really intrigues me and his skill is second to non, incidentally i loved stephen lee aswell thought he was a great character and also a good talent. a shame really

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
              Love or loath o'sullivan i can bet you that he has far more followers than haters, his personality really intrigues me and his skill is second to non, incidentally i loved stephen lee aswell thought he was a great character and also a good talent. a shame really
              +1 ^^
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

someone's losing a good night's sleep because someone said something about ron and it wasn't all good.. :sorrow:

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^
                  +2

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                    well humans are generally gregarious by nature, they wish to be sociable and flock together as you clearly do arbitrage since you are a member of this forum ...

Ronnie seems a little different ... he is gregarious to the extent that he wants to tell us what he is thinking but he seems to consider himself separate from the rest of us humans ... some say he has a bipolar disorder, I'm not sure about that, I think he's probably just a very spoilt brat with an outrageous talent which has made him 10's of millions of pounds ...

that's not to criticise him by the way ... I suspect most "geniuses" or over-achievers have severe personality disorders of one sort or another ...
                    my point is that ronnie o'sullivan has no obligation to be an ambassador for the sport nor even promote it for that matter, although he is de facto doing this via his performance and talent. and...as long as he stays within the guidelines set by the snooker authorities and legal boundaries, he can say what he wants with regards to snooker and match fixing

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                      One of the problems seems to be the ability to bet on small parts of the game (e.g. winner/loser of the first frame, first colour potted, first frame foul, to pot first ball, etc, etc). So a player could deliberately fix only a small part of the match and still go on to win so not risk losing prize money/ranking points, etc. Stephen Lee seems to have been able to earn some extra cash without him needing to take a fall. Cricket had the same issue with the no balls bowled at a particular time without the need to lose the game.

Perhaps legal betting needs to be limited only outcomes of matches rather than small pieces that could be more easily manipulated.

What do you think?
                      I think this is a very good point. It's a great temptation to be able to earn a couple of grand extra simply by the laying of many bets around a lot of different bookies to be the first player to go in off.
                      The fault lies entirely with the bookies for bringing in this in play betting.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                        I think this is a very good point. It's a great temptation to be able to earn a couple of grand extra simply by the laying of many bets around a lot of different bookies to be the first player to go in off.
                        The fault lies entirely with the bookies for bringing in this in play betting.

Ha just thought this could be why the players always seem to run out of the arena to go to the toilet....i can just see them in the toilet on the iphone setting their next bet lol

Comment

I still can't work out what direction the cue ball goes after striking the object ball after all these years?

How many watching in a snooker arena can see an in off coming that happened that was obvious to an expert before the shot was even played? Or does nobody in the arena (experts included) other than the player who played the shot realise what is going to happen i.e. an in off resulting in a big payout from the bookies for 1st foul of the frame.

What about miscues as well. Could that be part of the matchfixing deal rather than it just being a player forgetting to chalk his cue?
                          Last edited by david16; 20 September 2013, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Here in Australia, we have just uncovered the biggest match fixing scandal in our history.

Read more

Part of a global match-fixing network

Last edited by mythman69; 20 September 2013, 03:26 AM.
                            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Sportspersons found guilty of match fixing need to start seeing some jail time. It is criminal theft. If you break into someones house and steal stuff, you go to jail, should be the same

Only way to stop it happening. A lifetime ban from the sport is meaningless

Comment

not for a top ten ranked player it isn't, it means the loss of your job and probably over a million pounds in prize money, in the current climate he'll do well to find a job and that can mean the end of your home, it's a huge punishment

Comment

Working...
                                X