Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National County Championships (proposed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimately we know what we want to happen, and we know what we don't want. So this and any subsequent meeting between the relevant people should help to build a structure that we are all in agreement on.
    Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
    https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

I think the goal is a national knockout championship and revive thus comp and trophy from the 80s, do we know who are the holders, you want a tournament where players work to get into the county team knowing they have a pop at a national title. in past years in Sussex, playing for your county means one round robin with Kent, west Sussex and surrey, the national comp will make players want to be county players again.

Comment

Hi Simon, you should come along to the meeting on the 16th if possible.

Comment

There was a Tournament last week Simon wasn't there ? Kent , Surrey etc .

I think you were at Frames that day , i think it was you talking to Tony after you match ........No chips i seem to remember
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Not me Neil. I play out off Nottinghamshire

Comment

Originally Posted by simon dent View Post
              I think the goal is a national knockout championship and revive thus comp and trophy from the 80s, do we know who are the holders, you want a tournament where players work to get into the county team knowing they have a pop at a national title. in past years in Sussex, playing for your county means one round robin with Kent, west Sussex and surrey, the national comp will make players want to be county players again.
              Just as a matter of interest, how would you propose to handle the selection of players for a team in areas not covered by a County Association?

Comment

There was a Tournament last week Simon wasn't there ? Kent , Surrey etc .

I think you were at Frames that day , i think it was you talking to Tony after you match ........No chips i seem to remember

Original Source: National County Championships (proposed) http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz2vYVSpqyt
                - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
                Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook
                Yeah that was Simon, although the county match you mention was actually cancelled owing to West Sussex struggling to get a team together!! Si also lives on the south coast so a meeting in Derby maybe a little too far I'd suggest.
                I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Cheers for that , Surrey wanted to use a couple of our League players but they were playing in the event at Frames .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by 100-uper View Post
                    Just as a matter of interest, how would you propose to handle the selection of players for a team in areas not covered by a County Association?
                    Interested in selection process for players and captain. Otherwise it will be a closed shop as county games were before.
                    Always a pleasure

Comment

I enjoyed the county team selection day, it was a group of local players from towns in the county put randomly into groups with winner of each having place in team. I would like to send an email to someone for Sunday's meeting, I can't be there I'm afraid. can I get an email address to send our thoughts/ideas to?
                      Last edited by simon dent; 12 March 2014, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Hi Simon, you can send your email to me :

tonymorgan1971@yahoo.com

I'll reply to you after the meeting

Comment

noted tony thanks

Comment

Just a reminder for those wanting to be part of the national county league that the meeting is tomorrow (Sunday 16th) at Cueball, Derby. Hope you can attend

Comment

Originally Posted by Tony Morgan View Post
                              Just a reminder for those wanting to be part of the national county league that the meeting is tomorrow (Sunday 16th) at Cueball, Derby. Hope you can attend
                              Too far for us to come i'm afraid, but if you could note that Jersey have expressed an interest if they are allowed to play 2 or 3 matches every 12 weeks or so?

Thanks

Aaron

Comment

It's probably too far for others but we have to start somewhere. I would imagine that this will be the 1st of many meetings to get this thing off the ground so there's probably going to be other opportunities for future meetings. I had the meeting arranged in Derby because it was the most convenient place for my original idea. I will pass on your interest to those that attend.

Comment

Working...
                                X