Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National County Championships (proposed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great post Tony. Despite the result I for one enjoyed the day. Put aside the inevitable teething problems and it made for a closely contested fixture, which is what we all hope for in the end. At the very least its now off the ground and in full swing so that is fantastic! Good luck in the rest of your games and see you in the masters tour in January.
    Merry Xmas and a happy new year to each and everyone!!!
    Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
    https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

I really hope it takes off Tony, and in a few years I will get picked to play lol, for some strange reason I love watching grass routes snooker, probably more than pro snooker, I go and watch the county finals etc, to me this was a step up, and was a great day for all, a few of the Liecester lads were pros I think, I'm sure someone said two were on the circuit and two had just come off(I may have got that wrong) so you can tell the standard we were up against.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Good luck in the rest of your fixtures too Simon & weather dependant I'll see you at Longton. I hope that teams aren't playing current pro's. This new league is for amateurs only but there's definitely a few ex pro's in most teams tbh & there's still a few very good amateurs in teams who are still playing in the odd PTC event. Be interesting to see how long the EASB take to put all the results & league tables on their website
        Last edited by Tony Morgan; 19 December 2014, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I could have got it wrong Tony, it was someone in the club told me this side of the story and I don't know where he got it from, so it could easily have been a Chinese whisper that snowballed from, used to be a pro ,into is a current pro.

Comment

All teams had to register their players before the 1st match so hopefully if teams did try to register a current pro then we'd hope the EASB would pick up on it. Have no doubt it wasn't a Chinese whisper. I know for a fact that we (Notts), Leicestershire & Derbyshire have 1 or 2 ex pro's (per team) playing & at least half a dozen more between these teams whose players play in regular PTC events & even 1 or 2 will be playing in the World Seniors qualifiers over the next few days. It does show that the standard is there & hopefully it'll attract more teams next year & you never know. Players may even dust off the cobwebs & start to play again. Can only be good for game we all enjoy.

Comment

We have been served an injustice. As you know tony the other 2 stoke players currently playing in the masters tour, don't feature in our County lineup! Which was their choice. Not to mention countless others who simply aren't that bothered atm.
              So hopefully this trend will reverse in time and Staffordshire will be truly reflected in terms of real ability.
              However the main thing is that its being enjoyed by all and can only get bigger and better. The ripples will soon widen to all those who had hanged up their 'snooker' cues!
              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Good luck to the Notts B team who travel to Merseyside on the 4th January for their rearranged 1st match. Good luck to you Simon & the rest of the Staffs boys in your next match against Somerset on the 18th January & to everyone else who's playing on the 18th too (especially the A & B Notts teams).

Comment

Next EASB National County Championship matches are on Sunday 18th January. Good luck to all that are playing on that day.

Comment

Well we had our 2nd group match on Sunday. We played Somerset at home. It was a very good event that ran like clockwork.
                    We ended up winning 35-29. Plus 10 bonus points are added for the win. The Somerset lads were a pretty good side and it was played in good spirit. One of our players Pete Antrobus won all 8 of his matches, so was awarded the Man of the Match trophy! I was fortunate enough to have been awarded the Highest Break trophy for my 118 (missed blue). There were numerous breaks above 50 during the course of the day from both teams which is further evidence that this NCC has a firm place in the EASB's calendar. We would also like to thank Graham Stanley for providing his services on the day as our referee.
                    Next game is against Leicester B at home on the 8/2. Can't wait!!!
                    Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                      ... I was fortunate enough to have been awarded the Highest Break trophy for my 118 (missed blue). ...
                      Wow shock horror, you better change your username then

Comment

This was a Mike Hallett blue(although alot higher!) Not a long raker into a baulk corner...those I never miss!!! Lol.
                        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Went to the club today, didn't know this comp was on, so had a knock for half an hour then watched some frames , I think Cumbria will have had a very good win, I know Rob Simm won all eight of his with a nice break of 106 in one of them. I'm sorry but I have forgotten who they were playing (maybe some of them come on here )but they were a very young team in comparison to the Cumbrian lads which was nice to see shows snooker is popular with the young lads elsewhere in the country. It was great to see the club bustling, I hope this comp goes from strength to strength and just maybe I get to play in it one day who knows. Found out today it was Nottingham they played I think the score was 39-15 to Cumbria.
                          Last edited by itsnoteasy; 9 February 2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Hi Tony. Hope the National County champs are all going ok. Gutted our committee interfered otherwise it would have been sorted. i've also lost your mobile number. New phone etc. Give us a shout if you still want that friendly or when you're next up at the academy

Michael
                            Always a pleasure

Comment

This Sunday see's round 4 of 5 in the National County Championship being played before teams qualify for the semi finals. Some very crucial games being played between Notts A (only team currently undefeated) v Derbyshire B & Staffordshire v Yorkshire. A good result for us (Notts) would put us in pole position for qualification if Staffs beat Yorkshire. Our table currently looks like :
                              Yorkshire 151 pts
                              Notts A 143 pts
                              Staffs 137 pts
                              Derbyshire B 62 pts
                              Leicestershire B 56 pts
                              Somerset 43 pts.

Good luck to all teams who are playing on Sunday.
                              Last edited by Tony Morgan; 6 March 2015, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Notts A keeping their unbeaten run going beating a good Derbyshire B team 63-11 (includes 10 bonus points). This win puts us top of the league due to Yorkshire narrowly beating Staffs 35-29. We're all looking forward to our last group match away to Somerset on the 22nd March. Good luck to all who are playing that weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X