Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National County Championships (proposed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National County Championships (proposed)

Hi TSF. We are currently looking to further advance the County setups made recently in the midlands. We hope to re-launch County Snooker on a National basis. This has been agreed by most counties currently participating in friendly games, as well as the need to be affiliated by an organisation such as the EASB. I am aware that uksnookerleague already run a National Championship with a finals weekend held at SWSA. However this isn't county based. This is what we are aiming for at the moment.

We are currently; Interest from;

Staffordshire Norfolk
    Derbyshire Suffolk
    Nottinghamshire Cambridgeshire
    Leicestershire Devon...
    Warwickshire
    Lincolnshire

What we need to do first is to gauge the interest elsewhere in the uk. So...Would all county regions who are interested in playing Inter-county to a National county Championship please reply with your area below...
    Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
    https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Jersey would definitely be interested in this, Jersey Snooker association have sent you an e mail regarding their interest and I hope to hear from you soon.

Aaron

Comment

last event they tried to host We (Suffolk) got disqualified as we wanted to change our team list which was submitted a year prior. Really don't know who makes the decisions but hopefully they have improved.

Comment

East Sussex, Kent, West Sussex and Surrey all have teams, and I'm sure Essex and Herts have to. As its a national title under grabs, players will be interested in their counties again.

Comment

I've arranged a meeting for interested parties to discuss how we take this idea forward for Sunday 16th March 12pm at Cueball, Derby. Any interested counties are invited to attend (yes it may be too far for some but we have to start somewhere). I'm sure that for those who can't attend but are interested can pass on any queries/questions & we will feedback. There is also a Facebook page.

Comment

Are we talking a weekly league here or will it be along the lines of area tournaments with winners progressing to a finals weekend?

Along with Jersey, Guernsey would also be interested in joining.

Comment

Still early days. If the interest is from all over the UK, then it would make sense to split it into regions, eg. Wales, Scotland, NE, NW, SW, SE playing 1 or 2 fixtures a month (home & away). Then the winners & runner up from each region have a play off (at a neutral venue) but I must stress it's still at the early stages & hopefully the meeting we will be able to discuss all options.
              My idea originally started as a local 4 man team, playing in a super league in the Midlands but it seems to have gone BOOM. Which can only be good for snooker

Comment

Can you post a link to the facebook page please mate?

Would be better for us to organise it so Channel Islands teams come to a venue in the Uk every 8 -12 weeks or so and play 2 or 3 games over a weekend?

Comment

sounds great
                  not in the leagues myself but will pass on the info
                  best of luck with the endeavour
                  are you doing it through any organization, EASB?
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi Just contacted the EASB and they are very optimistic that this could potentially be an addition to the calender! Also they will be trying to attend the meeting on the 16th. So fingers crossed that we can cover as much ground as possible on that Sunday.
                    Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                    https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

brilliant
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Might I ask who you spoke to within EASB? I can well imagine very different responses from different people, but I hope they can lend support and get this going again.

Comment

I do believe that it was John Hartley. He's the EASB Secretary & Competitions Director

Comment

I personally would steer clear of including the EASB and organise it yourself. Any entry fees could be used for refs if deemed necessary and local county sides would have a much better idea of the best clubs and playing conditions. The EASB do the best job they can given their limited resources, but generally pick clubs based solely on whether its costing them nothing.
                            I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Hi magicman, that is 1 of my many concerns with involving the EASB & the charges they'll probably ask for, for being affiliated

Comment

Working...
                              X