Sighting problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he means CTE aiming .

I think he means that if you have a row of red running across the blue spot between the centre pockets and you place the cue ball on the brown spot . The idea is you put you right foot and bridge hand on the line between the edge of the white and the edge of whichever red you are aiming at so when you address the shot your tip is at the extreme edge of the white pointing at the extreme edge of the red.
    You then pivot your body so that the tip moves to the centre of the white . This creates the potting angle .

At least that's what I think he means .

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post

I think he means that if you have a row of red running across the blue spot between the centre pockets and you place the cue ball on the brown spot . The idea is you put you right foot and bridge hand on the line between the edge of the white and the edge of whichever red you are aiming at so when you address the shot your tip is at the extreme edge of the white pointing at the extreme edge of the red.
      You then pivot your body so that the tip moves to the centre of the white . This creates the potting angle .

Yip I think that is what he is talking about. Nice of him to come back lol

Cheers Ricky

Comment

Sounds like a sure recipe of making already very hard game even harder.
        Christ almighty...

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
          Sounds like a sure recipe of making already very hard game even harder.
          Christ almighty...
          Yup ... Search for CTE aiming on youtube and watch how overly complicated some pool players make the game .

Comment

Catch, I know better not to go that route.
            As far as aiming and sighting goes, people make it very hard and mechanical for no reason whatsoever.
            Couple of days ago in my club we have lost lighting over the only available table (in a single room). There was only minimal daylight. You couldn't see any edges, contact points, certainly not from distance. Could hardly distinguish the colours. But the balls still went in, even long ones. Did not play any worse compared to full lighting. I am pretty certain that a pro player could clear the table with minimal lighting available, no problem.
            Not saying that lighting isn't needed, far from it...just that there is a lot of feel and experience involved in playing this game.

Comment

My mate had a 12x6 table in his old house and the table had lighting but after an hour or so he would turn it off as he felt it hurt his eyes and we would play the rest of the frames with natural light and played fine .

Since this thread started I had a google search on American pool aiming systems .....geez those guys seem desperate for a short cut

Comment

Since this thread started I had a google search on American pool aiming systems .....geez those guys seem desperate for a short cut
                Yes. I've seen the vids too. They sort of line up on the edge of a ball and then swivel the cue on the bridge hand etc... I guess they need all the help they can get to squeeze those balls into the tiny pockets.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                  Yes. I've seen the vids too. They sort of line up on the edge of a ball and then swivel the cue on the bridge hand etc... I guess they need all the help they can get to squeeze those balls into the tiny pockets.

I think that's the only reason the system works at all , because the buckets are so big .

Out of curiosity , I tried this method today at practice on the snooker table . It worked on some shots that are maybe a couple of feet from the pockets and are 1/2 or 3/4 ball but right before the final strike I was deffinetly steering the ball to make the pot (wether subconsciously or consciously ) . I might be doing it wrong but IMO it is garbage .

The tutorial I saw said you must begin by standing on the line of aim (the edge of the cue all and edge of OB) for it to work . Well if you can do that ,then why not just stand on the ACTUAL line of aim in the first place .

Like I say I might have done it wrong but I was only willing to try for a handful of shots out of curiosity before starting my practice session .

Comment

Prior to snooker I've played US pool for a number of years. But I've never heard of aiming systems...that is, until I've stumbled on American pool web sites.
                    Still cannot believe that anybody could play well using such an approach.

Comment

Sighting problem.

hi guys sorry for my late replied.. i was travel to dubai due work.. urgent call from my office.. anyway on my post the other day let me make it clearly..
                      its more like mirror effect.. you need to stand on the line of potting but with CB line up to pocket hole and sight the OB and find it angle.. if you find its angle around 15 degree to left or right it basicly a full ball.. if angle are more than that its defenetly a half ball (thin if you are using normal methot) all are sighted from centred of CB.. nothing related to edge of CB.

let say ur OB angle are more and difficult to do standing then you should allign your playing hand foot to CB to OB on straight line and there will be no more full ball only have half, quarter, or thin.. its kinda difficult to explain in here i need to draw a picture to make people understand..
                      kinda weird but honestly im amaze on first time using this methot.. even now if i stop playing this game for 4 or 5 month i still have consistency with it becau this sighting methot allow me to find out what are actually my foult either its my cueing technique or my standing technique.. i have consistency 20-40 break now.. thanks to that pakistanis guy..

Comment

A diagram would be very helpful since it's not easy to understand. Or maybe you could put a video of it on youtube.
                        Originally Posted by Fairuz View Post
                        hi guys sorry for my late replied.. i was travel to dubai due work.. urgent call from my office.. anyway on my post the other day let me make it clearly..
                        its more like mirror effect.. you need to stand on the line of potting but with CB line up to pocket hole and sight the OB and find it angle.. if you find its angle around 15 degree to left or right it basicly a full ball.. if angle are more than that its defenetly a half ball (thin if you are using normal methot) all are sighted from centred of CB.. nothing related to edge of CB.

let say ur OB angle are more and difficult to do standing then you should allign your playing hand foot to CB to OB on straight line and there will be no more full ball only have half, quarter, or thin.. its kinda difficult to explain in here i need to draw a picture to make people understand..
                        kinda weird but honestly im amaze on first time using this methot.. even now if i stop playing this game for 4 or 5 month i still have consistency with it becau this sighting methot allow me to find out what are actually my foult either its my cueing technique or my standing technique.. i have consistency 20-40 break now.. thanks to that pakistanis guy..

Comment

Sighting problem.

i will poss a diagram later after im finish my job here in dubai.. ill try my best to make everyone understand the method including its decitions making base on each type of shot angle.. this methot doesnt involve a pivot system at all like in pool, nothing about sighting to edge of CB.. it teach you more and guide you to focus on which spot to shoot base on each angle of shot.. due original ghost sighting methot it have 4 spot to focus ie: full, quater, half & thin and been widely use by most player.. this methot only compress it to make simple which only have full and half or half & thin base on OB angle to pocket hole.. its simplyfied everything so player could minimize pressure during the game..

Comment

The very first thing to do is to be sure you are striking the cue ball in the center. To prove you are striking the cue ball in the center, play a shot from the brown spot and see if it returns over the brown spot. If it does not run back over the brown spot you need to correct point of contact on the cue ball .... and that's the best advise I can give you.

Comment

Hi guys..

So many thing to focus on lately.. here im back.. as promises please check the diagram..

1) Technique Basic & Rules.

-Stand Back, Pick Object Ball to pot & to which hole/pocket, then determind angle of Cue Ball to Object Ball & Object Ball to hole/pocket, then think where Cue Ball will go next, decide what side to use (follow or drillback, check or run), decide stroke power (soft,medium or hard), decide cue actions (tap shot or trough).

-Step in & Stand into line of Cue Ball allignment straight to hole/pocket.(if you a right handed player then you should step in your right leg into this line, if you are left handed player then step in the line with left leg.)

-Pivot your whole upper body by cueing face to Object Ball that you want to pot, but keep your leg locking on that original positions which your leg, Cue Ball & Pocket Hole should allign straight.(If you already move your leg then you should stand up and repeat sequence from beginning)

-If the Object Ball angle below 30 degree just aim it full ball, if it more then 30 degree then you should aim it at the edge of Object Ball, once you aim there there no need to look at the Object Ball anymore. How ever some player they used to sight booth, and there are nothing wrong by doing that, just this technique will train player have a very confident bridge & cueing during making stroke due it require you to trust your line)

-MAKE THE SHOT!!,Focus more on cueing technique while delivery do not ever focus on positioning or your cueing will tend to move along with your eye to that positions and you will miss the pot completely.

-Sometime there are kind of shot when you are pivot the whole upper body with this technique and u feel it so strechy and unconfortable, it feel like you require to swap between leg to achive confortable during making that shot, and this mean that you are actualy out of positions, i would usually go for safety because that is a sign of bad feeling. How ever there are no harm if you think to go on with that shot if you think no damage to you when ball no going in.

2) Desitions Making or Shot Selections.

-You need to check your angle always, if the ball require you to sight full ball and distance between Cue Ball and Object Ball are below half table then go for it, if it to far then judge it your self base on how often you been doing practice that kind of shot.

-Let say the angle of the ball you want to pot there are slight more then 30 degree, im usually will judges every safety affect by all mean, if it safe to proceed then you really need to take this shot with full respect.

-Always play your game and plan your next shot so Cue Ball will stay on that 30 degree angle. The more you practice the more break you will have.

There are more, but i did not Know how to explain in here with sketch, unless you guys could come and meet me in the club where im practice always.

Practice make perfect..Capture 3.jpgCapture 2.jpgCapture 1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Fairuz View Post
                                Hi guys..

So many thing to focus on lately.. here im back.. as promises please check the diagram..

1) Technique Basic & Rules.

-Stand Back, Pick Object Ball to pot & to which hole/pocket, then determind angle of Cue Ball to Object Ball & Object Ball to hole/pocket, then think where Cue Ball will go next, decide what side to use (follow or drillback, check or run), decide stroke power (soft,medium or hard), decide cue actions (tap shot or trough).

-Step in & Stand into line of Cue Ball allignment straight to hole/pocket.(if you a right handed player then you should step in your right leg into this line, if you are left handed player then step in the line with left leg.)

-Pivot your whole upper body by cueing face to Object Ball that you want to pot, but keep your leg locking on that original positions which your leg, Cue Ball & Pocket Hole should allign straight.(If you already move your leg then you should stand up and repeat sequence from beginning)

-If the Object Ball angle below 30 degree just aim it full ball, if it more then 30 degree then you should aim it at the edge of Object Ball, once you aim there there no need to look at the Object Ball anymore. How ever some player they used to sight booth, and there are nothing wrong by doing that, just this technique will train player have a very confident bridge & cueing during making stroke due it require you to trust your line)
                                -MAKE THE SHOT!!,Focus more on cueing technique while delivery do not ever focus on positioning or your cueing will tend to move along with your eye to that positions and you will miss the pot completely.

-Sometime there are kind of shot when you are pivot the whole upper body with this technique and u feel it so strechy and unconfortable, it feel like you require to swap between leg to achive confortable during making that shot, and this mean that you are actualy out of positions, i would usually go for safety because that is a sign of bad feeling. How ever there are no harm if you think to go on with that shot if you think no damage to you when ball no going in.

2) Desitions Making or Shot Selections.

-You need to check your angle always, if the ball require you to sight full ball and distance between Cue Ball and Object Ball are below half table then go for it, if it to far then judge it your self base on how often you been doing practice that kind of shot.

-Let say the angle of the ball you want to pot there are slight more then 30 degree, im usually will judges every safety affect by all mean, if it safe to proceed then you really need to take this shot with full respect.

-Always play your game and plan your next shot so Cue Ball will stay on that 30 degree angle. The more you practice the more break you will have.

There are more, but i did not Know how to explain in here with sketch, unless you guys could come and meet me in the club where im practice always.

Practice make perfect..[ATTACH=CONFIG]16849[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16850[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16851[/ATTACH]
                                ,may I ask you something?
                                what you saying here is : not to look at the OB during delivery off the cue??
                                sorry if I get it wrong. I'm not a coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X