Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    ,may I ask you something?
    what you saying here is : not to look at the OB during delivery off the cue??
    sorry if I get it wrong. I'm not a coach.
    Im not the coach either.. how ever tru my trial and error in the past.. when you bend down to cueing your shot you are already marked that contact point on OB, then when about to deliver just keep focus on where ur cue tip hit on CB.. then after CB contact with OB keep your head still and look where that OB goes.. by doing this you will learn how not to apply unintentional side, and have more confident on your bride.. the most important u learn to focus your cue actions.

Comment

Originally Posted by Fairuz View Post
      Im not the coach either.. how ever tru my trial and error in the past.. when you bend down to cueing your shot you are already marked that contact point on OB, then when about to deliver just keep focus on where ur cue tip hit on CB.. then after CB contact with OB keep your head still and look where that OB goes.. by doing this you will learn how not to apply unintentional side, and have more confident on your bride.. the most important u learn to focus your cue actions.
      Well, you're not a coach either, but looks liks you know more than I do !!!
      but, one thing I can'nt understand. What you saying here is actually :
      look at the CB at the time off striking.
      How do you know which direction you need to send the CB then ??? I mean, as you said,
      You look at the OB and you choose the target (contact point of the CB). But during delivery off the cue, you look at the CB and not the target. In other words,
      you look like a driver who looks at the wheel of the car
      instead of watching the road. while driving.
      He hunts himself to death. or other people on the road.
      Anyway, must be something hier that I do'nt understand !!!
      many thanks for your replay !!!

Comment

Well, you're not a coach either, but looks liks you know more than I do !!!
        but, one thing I can'nt understand. What you saying here is actually :
        look at the CB at the time off striking.
        How do you know which direction you need to send the CB then ??? I mean, as you said,
        You look at the OB and you choose the target (contact point of the CB). But during delivery off the cue, you look at the CB and not the target. In other words,
        you look like a driver who looks at the wheel of the car
        instead of watching the road. while driving.
        He hunts himself to death. or other people on the road.
        Anyway, must be something hier that I do'nt understand !!!
        many thanks for your replay !!!

I think what he means is .... Look at OB while getting down in line of aim . Once your down you should be on the line of aim and the shot is lined up . Now that you are on the line of aim , in theory you could look anywhere you want and as long as you deliver the cue straight you will pot the ball . Looking at the CB at time of delivery helps with hitting the centre of cueball and not putting unintentional side on the CB .

I personally have my eyes locked on the OB and only glance at CB on front pause .on delivery I'm looking at the OB every time . I believe most coaches will teach you to look at OB on delivery . I however do know a couple of good players that look at CB on delivery

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
          I think what he means is .... Look at OB while getting down in line of aim . Once your down you should be on the line of aim and the shot is lined up . Now that you are on the line of aim , in theory you could look anywhere you want and as long as you deliver the cue straight you will pot the ball . Looking at the CB at time of delivery helps with hitting the centre of cueball and not putting unintentional side on the CB .

I personally have my eyes locked on the OB and only glance at CB on front pause .on delivery I'm looking at the OB every time . I believe most coaches will teach you to look at OB on delivery . I however do know a couple of good players that look at CB on delivery
          thanks for your explanation !!
          to be honest, I think that a consistent player is a player who always looks at the OB. Not because most coaches teach you that way !!!
          I know a few players (a couple of years ago), who thought they were CB players. What we did was: take a video of their game. after the game, when they watched the video, they really could'nt believe what they saw.!!!!! They looked every time 2 seconds before the strike to the OB. And they were not aware off that !!
          Anyway, if there is a player that only looks at the CB at the time of striking and he can play well !!
          I find it quite remarkable !!
          because imo is not easy to do that and play well. !!!! (do'nt get me wrong, I'm not saying I do'nt believe you ).
          thanks again.

Comment

I have two questions

1 is it April 1st?

2. Are you Barry Pinches?
            Last edited by Byrom; 23 August 2014, 11:47 AM.

Comment

thanks for your explanation !!
              to be honest, I think that a consistent player is a player who always looks at the OB. Not because most coaches teach you that way !!!
              I know a few players (a couple of years ago), who thought they were CB players. What we did was: take a video of their game. after the game, when they watched the video, they really could'nt believe what they saw.!!!!! They looked every time 2 seconds before the strike to the OB. And they were not aware off that !!
              Anyway, if there is a player that only looks at the CB at the time of striking and he can play well !!
              I find it quite remarkable !!
              because imo is not easy to do that and play well. !!!! (do'nt get me wrong, I'm not saying I do'nt believe you ).
              thanks again.
              your opinions seem right also.. my coach use to say, just do what ever you think it comfortable and best for you, anyway did you give a try those technique on that diagram..

Comment

Originally Posted by Fairuz View Post
                your opinions seem right also.. my coach use to say, just do what ever you think it comfortable and best for you, anyway did you give a try those technique on that diagram..

sorry mate, not yet. I'll try your diagram as soon as I get the chance to do that.( I hope I can handle it ) !!
                you might also want to look at another threads on this coaching section.
                While ago, J6 had also posted a thread with diagrams and some good advices.... will not hurt to read that !!!!

Comment

Working...
                X