No announcement yet.

ADRtips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem described could be caused by the tip absorbing a lot of the glue. One thing you could try is applying a thin layer of super-glue gel to the bottom surface of the tip. Let it absorb and dry, then sand the glued side so that there's a very thin layer of dried glue on the bottom of the tip. Now it should stick better.

Comment

Originally Posted by andi mack View Post
      received 2 ADR laminated tips yesterday, fitted one and have shaped & burnished it no problem. I won't get a chance to play with it till Sunday though, but so far no problems, lovely tips to fit and shape.
      Just thought i'd update this.

I've now managed to get 2x 3hr sessions in with the soft version of the tip and i'm a happy chap.

no signs of it coming loose, delaminating, no mushrooming, just a very consistent feel. IMHO miles better than a talisman tip.
      Andi Mack

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
        First off don't score the tip with a knife, just sand the base lightly, is the ferrule and the top of the tenon/wood flush and level? I've had no problems at all fitting my adr147 tips on both my 9.75mm snooker cue and my pool cue which is around 8.6mm
        Whats your reason for advisng not to score the tip , ive been doing it for years and have never had a problem , i believe it gives the tip more key to stick to the cue .

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
          This ^^^^^^

I've soaked in milk, then water overnight.
          Funny, my m8 was just asking about this tonight. He was thinking of doing this for his tips. So milk overnight, and then water the next night?
          Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
          My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
            Whats your reason for advisng not to score the tip , ive been doing it for years and have never had a problem , i believe it gives the tip more key to stick to the cue .
            Air pocket I would guess. Even the gel can't fill every gap and an air pocket might jar the tip loose on just the right impact.
            Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
            My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
              So milk overnight, and then water the next night?
              Yes, that's right. Although last Friday, I had a moment of madness and ripped off my elk and replaced it with a Kamui M! Which is turning out to be like granite unfortunately LOL ( long story, I've got issues! ) Haha.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                First off don't score the tip with a knife, just sand the base lightly, is the ferrule and the top of the tenon/wood flush and level? I've had no problems at all fitting my adr147 tips on both my 9.75mm snooker cue and my pool cue which is around 8.6mm
                The reason is that you want with the bottom of the tip and the top of the tenon/ferrule to be completely flat, I honestly don't think scoring the tip helps at all and could potentially hinder things, by leaving slightly raised bits from scoring meaning the tip won't sit completely flat on the ferrule. Just my opinion though that its not nessacery and as the long bomber says could allow pockets of air
                Last edited by Dave Walton; 30 June 2014, 10:20 PM.

Comment

i got one 2 weeks ago...fit and shaped no probs at all...and a great tip by the way

no need to look further

Comment

i play with one of these since February... cant remember when last time reshaping was needed...no mushrooming and still very good feel and power. Top!
                    mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

The reason is that you want with the bottom of the tip and the top of the tenon/ferrule to be completely flat, I honestly don't think scoring the tip helps at all and could potentially hinder things, by leaving slightly raised bits from scoring meaning the tip won't sit completely flat on the ferrule. Just my opinion though that its not nessacery and as the long bomber says could allow pockets of air
                      Understand what your saying but i lightly score the bottom , it dont effect how the tip sits and the glue will fill the slits , ive always done it and it does give more key especially on hard tips .

Comment

Great tip, and it has stayed on. Might have left it a little too high, but I figured it's better to start off with a little excess tip. Better feel than with other laminated tips I have tried (Kamui, Talisman).

Comment

i have tried to look on ebay and canot seem to find adr tips are they not in stock even tried to click on adr shop on ebay and not showing anything any one else no where i can buy these from ?

Comment

Originally Posted by chicco View Post
                            i have tried to look on ebay and canot seem to find adr tips are they not in stock even tried to click on adr shop on ebay and not showing anything any one else no where i can buy these from ?
                            I believe he is on holiday, so give it a few weeks and see when he is back on
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

decided to chop off the elk and put the adr tip.shall try it tomorrow.

Comment

played with the adrtip last saturday for 3 hrs. went out of shape, which is normal. went home shape it again and played it on sunday. still feels too soft,bouncy. any chance it will harden up as i play more hours with it? or should i go for kamui black MH,H tip or the ADR hard tip?

Comment

Working...
                                X