ADRtips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tofushop193 View Post
    played with the adrtip last saturday for 3 hrs. went out of shape, which is normal. went home shape it again and played it on sunday. still feels too soft,bouncy. any chance it will harden up as i play more hours with it? or should i go for kamui black MH,H tip or the ADR hard tip?
    Is there a way of differentiating between the ADR's soft, and medium tip ? Maybe you got a soft one.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
      Is there a way of differentiating between the ADR's soft, and medium tip ? Maybe you got a soft one.
      oh come to think of it. i dont know. i forgotten if there is a M written on it or not.

Comment

it feels soft. really soft and softer then all the elks i used before

Comment

oh come to think of it. i dont know. i forgotten if there is a M written on it or not.
          Sorry, just realised the soft has an S on it ( they were facing down in the bag ).

Comment

played with the adrtip last saturday for 3 hrs. went out of shape, which is normal. went home shape it again and played it on sunday. still feels too soft,bouncy. any chance it will harden up as i play more hours with it? or should i go for kamui black MH,H tip or the ADR hard tip?
            My one went harder after about 15 frames or something. Dont know wich one it was. I think it was from the first order available.
            mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
              Sorry, just realised the soft has an S on it ( they were facing down in the bag ).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16653[/ATTACH]
              some people should not be allowed out un supervised! tips will go harder as they compress unless you compress them first - same as with all tips.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                some people should not be allowed out un supervised! tips will go harder as they compress unless you compress them first - same as with all tips.
                In my defence, I hadn't taken these ones out the bag yet ( previous ones were medium ), and the ADR side was facing up in the bag.

Comment

What are the pros and cons of softer tips?

Comment

Originally Posted by shdl83 View Post
                    What are the pros and cons of softer tips?
                    In general softer tips give more grip/spin and are more forgiving(less chance of miscuing) in amongst the balls but can lack feel and dull down power shots as they cushion the shot instead of transferring the power, so over distance it can be harder to generate spin but easier when close. Soft tips also mushroom easier but also hold chalk better.

Comment

Do soft tips need more accurate cueing? If they produce more grip and you hit slightly off centre will they throw the white more?
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

If a tip hardens up after a few days or few months of play, I feel that's not good.

Comment

Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
                          If a tip hardens up after a few days or few months of play, I feel that's not good.
                          well they will all harden a bit but after initial compression they are designed to stay the same.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            well they will all harden a bit but after initial compression they are designed to stay the same.
                            Yeah. I had bad impressions of Kamuis hardening on me a little too much. Will try your tip 1 day.

Comment

ADRtips

Im playing since 6 month now with the same tip. Still nice. Cant believe by myself
                              mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

all tips will
                                1) harden after prolong use.
                                2) mushroom. No tips out there is exempted.
                                3) retain less chalk after prolong use; just differences in efficiency

plenty of reasons for a tip to come off your ferrule
                                1) glue. it could be poor to start with, or it has been oxidized and its ability to bind, largely reduced.
                                2) before you glue the tip on the ferrule, sand the tip base, in circular motion, with the sandpaper on the floor. the objective is not to reduce the height of the tip but to make it nice and flat.
                                and make sure the ferrule end is nice and flat as well.
                                place the tip on top of the ferrule and with your index finger on top of the tip, rock it about to see if it moves.
                                3) the harder the tip, the easier it is to come off if you are not careful with (1) and (2).

having said that, adr tips are very nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X