ADRtips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADRtips

hi all ,i was hoping for some help with these tips.ive bought 3 off these tios and put two on got them shaped lovely and they come off,i use super glue gel have put a cross in the tip end for the glue to stick and put tip on with glue wrtting on furrel,please can someone advice me what im doing wrong.i have never had this trouble with pro granite.i was playing the other night and was cue great second frame in tip came off .any advice please.

cheers andy

What size tip do you have, I have had no problems at all with 9.5 mm, but have had one ping off twice on a 8.5mm. I wonder if they are perhaps a little too high to be taken down smaller than 9mm?
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Did you slightyl sand the bottom , if so did you mak sure there was no dust let on the tip , make sure the top of your cue and the tip are clean and flush , i always run the blade ever so slight over the bottom of the tip , three times in one direction then three the other direction not too hard , i find it gives the tip more to bond to .

Comment

hi cheers for comments,i use a 9mm tip ,i just cant understand why this happens,i make sure cue end is clean like you i use a blade and stick tip on then up turn and cut off surplus tip and shape.shame really as was really cueing well and had a great feel to it then ping of it comes.will try once more with my last one and if it still happens then will switch back to pro granite ne thinks.as for the tips performance think there great and have a lovely feel to them,just cant seem to get them to stay on lol.

cheers andy

Comment

not had any problems so far, you need to create a key with sandpaper or the tips will not stick properly but they same is true of any tip.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

What does create a key mean cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by ajr147 View Post
              What does create a key mean cheers
              a key is basically a rough surface.

Comment

So to create a good key what grit of sandpaper do you use?

Comment

Originally Posted by tofushop193 View Post
                  So to create a good key what grit of sandpaper do you use?
                  it does not really matter if you use say a 120 grit it will take about 1 second to do.

Comment

hi all
                    well i did what you said shaped tip perfectly played one frame about to start next frame chalked tip and guess what ,yep tip came off again.this has happed to all 3 tips and cant understand why as for the frame i pld they have felt great.stuck a pro granite on and that has stayed on.

Comment

hi all
                      well i did what you said shaped tip perfectly played one frame about to start next frame chalked tip and guess what ,yep tip came off again.this has happed to all 3 tips and cant understand why as for the frame i pld they have felt great.stuck a pro granite on and that has stayed on.
                      it does not make any sense - can you do us some photos?

Comment

First off don't score the tip with a knife, just sand the base lightly, is the ferrule and the top of the tenon/wood flush and level? I've had no problems at all fitting my adr147 tips on both my 9.75mm snooker cue and my pool cue which is around 8.6mm

Comment

hi all
                          No one has mentioned one important point "MAKE SURE YOUR HANDS ARE CLEAN" and try not to handle the glue side of the tip any grease or sweat dirt e.c.t from your hands can effect the glue surface, some players use bees wax Cue Silk and other products to get a smooth surface on their cues and there may be some residue that can get on the tip. A light sanding, Clean Hands, Leave cue for a reasonable time in clamp before you start shaping and burnishing "TAKE YOUR TIME"

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                            A light sanding, Clean Hands, Leave cue for a reasonable time before you start shaping and burnishing "TAKE YOUR TIME"
                            This ^^^^^^

ps. all these different tips ppl try ( and I've been there myself ). You just can't beat an elk ( just as long as you can find a decent one that is! ). I've got a few on back up.. That I've soaked in milk, then water overnight. Finishing by putting them through a vice. And the end result is a consistent tip everytime ( for me anyways ).

Ajr.. It has to be the glue m8. It's a pain, but try not to use superglue in future. I use an epoxy glue. If you have the patience to leave overnight.. It works everytime. Patience is key..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Araldite-Rap...rds=Epoxy+glue

Good luck

Comment

received 2 ADR laminated tips yesterday, fitted one and have shaped & burnished it no problem. I won't get a chance to play with it till Sunday though, but so far no problems, lovely tips to fit and shape.
                              Andi Mack

Comment

Working...
                              X