No announcement yet.

help on concentration anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting out sugar - This is going to be harder than it sounds - I am ok with fruit as long as its covered in chocolate

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
      Cutting out sugar - This is going to be harder than it sounds - I am ok with fruit as long as its covered in chocolate

Just do it gradually. Cut out your favorites and worst offenders one at a time and wait as long as you need to cut the next one. Replace with good stuff and eventually the new approach becomes habitual and you don't miss it anymore.
      Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
      My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

ok I will give it a go - caffeine first - coffee n red bull no more.

might cure my insomnia - lol

Comment

OH God, and here I am a coffee and nicotine addict, although my sugar and salt intake is pretty low as I cut out both the Tim Horton's donuts (famous Canadian coffee/donut chain that's everywhere) and my real favourite, CHEETOS!!!!! No booze either.

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            OH God, and here I am a coffee and nicotine addict, although my sugar and salt intake is pretty low as I cut out both the Tim Horton's donuts (famous Canadian coffee/donut chain that's everywhere) and my real favourite, CHEETOS!!!!! No booze either.

Terry
            Haha.. and now I have a craving for a Honey Crueller

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

While i think about it, also think about over the counter medication you may or may not use, i have found quite a few few to be so detrimental to playing snooker

Comment

Oh my word #i must be an addict - first day without a coffee and I feel like I been up all night in a whorehouse

Craving arrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhh - please God help me get through the day.

Comment

About fifteen years ago I gave up fags and coffee at the same time, that was a restless, grumpy few weeks lol.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    About fifteen years ago I gave up fags and coffee at the same time, that was a restless, grumpy few weeks lol.
                    I switched to decaff coffee about five years ago and the withdrawal symptons were awful, had a thick head for a fortnight. Was far easier quitting smoking, that didn't bother me in the slightest, easiest thing I ever did, simply stopped with no bother at all.

Comment

Best alternatives if you MUST have sugar are dates (go visit a middle eastern grocer), and raw cane sugar. Dates aren't that bad, but the sugar intake needs to be monitored. Honey is great in limited amounts in your coffee/tea as well.

Comment

its about exchanging habits. if your on the fag, drink and coffe ritual day in and out you could exchange them for fruit, nuts and walking instead. but if your hunched over looking at the floor or spitting sawdust at the end of every day, then shuv the fruit and open a can

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                          I switched to decaff coffee about five years ago and the withdrawal symptons were awful, had a thick head for a fortnight. Was far easier quitting smoking, that didn't bother me in the slightest, easiest thing I ever did, simply stopped with no bother at all.
                          I must admit the fags didn't bother me as much, I just came home told the mrs I had packed in lobbed the fags in the bin, never touched another one, never missed them either, after three days the cravings eased and I only thought about them every couple of hours but it soon passed and after a couple of weeks it was over.

Comment

I must admit the fags didn't bother me as much, I just came home told the mrs I had packed in lobbed the fags in the bin, never touched another one, never missed them either, after three days the cravings eased and I only thought about them every couple of hours but it soon passed and after a couple of weeks it was over.
                            Well done! The things we do for snooker eh?

Comment

It wasn't for snooker LB, I have only been playing for two years this month(roughly), I was working up the fells and felt a bit wobbly, said to myself either the fags have to go, or I'm going to go lol, I was a very very heavy smoker, but very active(played football into my thirties etc and walked for miles in my job) so kind of got away with it for years, but I never touched another one from that moment, I have recently had a thorough going over at the doctors including chest X-rays and blow test things to measure lung capacity and apparently I have the lungs of a thirty year old, so that's nineteen years younger than what I am, so I have been very lucky.

Comment

It wasn't for snooker LB, I have only been playing for two years this month(roughly), I was working up the fells and felt a bit wobbly, said to myself either the fags have to go, or I'm going to go lol, I was a very very heavy smoker, but very active(played football into my thirties etc and walked for miles in my job) so kind of got away with it for years, but I never touched another one from that moment, I have recently had a thorough going over at the doctors including chest X-rays and blow test things to measure lung capacity and apparently I have the lungs of a thirty year old, so that's nineteen years younger than what I am, so I have been very lucky.
                                Great to hear your health is in good standing. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X