Phoenix Supreme cue Customized by Dave Coutts - No Longer Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by kadobau View Post
    Should I say ~~~ Not necessary must be a Thai cue, it can be any cue that been altered or modified by Dave & Dave then put his badge on, right ?
    Yes mate you are right

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
      Yes it signifies a cue that Dave has done an amount of work on. I have had two come to me in trades in recent weeks, one was an older weight stamped cue and the other was a originally a Phoenix that had both had splice work and butt joints. Ultimately it is Dave's name and he can choose to badge however he likes, in fact I remember a thread on here where Dave had chosen not to put a customised badge on a cue despite several requests from the owner to do so.
      Yes so in theory a customised Dave coutts cue is not a cue made by Dave coutts it's been finished off by him and could of originated from any brand of cue, no wonder his waiting list is so long maybe get rid of the silly customised badge that really don't mean anything and concentrate on shortening his waiting list.

Comment

Spot on ^^^^^^^
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong
          Yep, but for me that's a good thing.

Same as Crispian's cues. You can have customised by, or handmade by, there too.

If your business model needs these two sources of income, then for me, this is the

most transparent way to do it.

Better by far to have a clear two tier badge range, than to just have "handmade by" badges on every cue

that leaves the workshop, no matter if they were handmade onsite, or were only there for splicing of a pre-turned shaft,

finishing an unfinished cue from another location, sticking a badge on a bought in finished cue etc etc .
          That's fair enough and you are right in a business sense.

But still you only own a Dave coutts cue if you own a handmade one from himself not a customised one. You see them on ebay "Dave coutts superb cue for sale" then in the description finished by him not handmade by him is a massive difference IMHO.

But yes see what you're saying

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong
            I'm with you on the ebay descriptions. Nothing more annoying than miss-leading headlines getting your hopes up,

only to be let down by the small print. . I like Crispian's idea of different coloured badges depending on

customised or handmade. Makes it a wee bit easier.
            Yeah think crispian has the right idea with different colour badges also his cues look pretty decent but he's defiantly top end with his prices. Not sure what his resale value is like

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
              Customised is basically a Thai cue bought in where Dave finishes it off where a handmade one is totally made by himself. But let's be honest there's nothing stopping any cuemaker bringing In a Thai cue and sticking handmade on it as we will never know
              Originally Posted by Leo View Post
              Call me stupid why does it not say Phoenix on the badge if it's a Phoenix cue or am I totally on the wrong page
              Why ask the 1st question then answer it a few posts later?

Comment

I am trying to sell this guys!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by les147 View Post
                  I am trying to sell this guys!!!!!!!
                  Sorry mate my fault.completely slipped my mind this is a selling thread

Comment

price reduced to £250

Comment

*****bump*****

Comment

Hi Les please dont take this Offer of £150 Cash offensive as I would need to get somebody to do alterations on it to Pool Spec and make it 3/4 Jointed which i need if its too low dont worry ok.

Gaz.

Comment

Wow .....

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Wow .....
                            Lmao I like that reply ha ha ha.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                              Hi Les please dont take this Offer of £150 Cash offensive as I would need to get somebody to do alterations on it to Pool Spec and make it 3/4 Jointed which i need if its too low dont worry ok.

Gaz.
                              What has the fact that you need to do alterations got to do with your offer? That's not the sellers problem. I'm not even selling it and I'm offended. That's an absolute joke!

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post

What has the fact that you need to do alterations got to do with your offer? That's not the sellers problem. I'm not even selling it and I'm offended. That's an absolute joke!
                                Les' lack of response says it all really and is probably the best way to deal with an offer like that. It irked me enough to make a sensible offer in private
                                On Cue Facebook Page
                                Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                                Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Working...
                                X