Trevor White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    at the end of the day trevor is no superstar like many forum members think and him not replying to emails is bang out of order IMHO as these are the customers who are giving him a living,many mishaps happen in life but I'm sure many can spare half an hour in front of a PC and reply to a few emails.
    Bit harsh there Leo - people rate his cues never heard him sing - Fact is he does make some great cues and this is why he is snowed under with work because of that reason - a victim of his own success perhaps. I don't think he would get any work done if he answered every e-mail but maybe he should employ his daughter or someone to do this for him - then again people want to change spec or ask questions that need his response -

If this guy has been waiting 2 and a half years that is going way too far sounds like he has forgot and clearly he could do with some organisation.

Whats the solution though? - get others to make the cues? - might as well order a Parris in that case.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
      Anyone who has placed an order for a 1pc JPU in ash I should imagine, oh yes like myself!!

Still its unacceptable for Trevor not to be in contact with you and I can only imagine if this was about JP we'd be on about 20 pages by now full of insults but with other cue makers the FM's are far more forgiving and often think you are the one at blame for the situation. Hope he gets in contact with you soon and gets this sorted, 30 months surely he must have forgotten your order, can't see any other reason for the wait.
      Agree 100%

Comment

Yes. But Trevor knows how much work he has. He shouldn't like many other cue makers tell people it will be done in a month when in reality it will take six. He should be able to provide better estimates of delivery times if he ain't gonna reply emails so often.

Comment

I also ordered a cue from Trevor White a few years ago agreed price and paid deposit. Never heard anything since. Phoned on numerous occasions, lost count of emails sent, wrote to him a few times. I've resigned to losing my deposit. I’m gutted the deposit is a lot of money to me.

Comment

Originally Posted by bmck View Post
            I also ordered a cue from Trevor White a few years ago agreed price and paid deposit. Never heard anything since. Phoned on numerous occasions, lost count of emails sent, wrote to him a few times. I've resigned to losing my deposit. I’m gutted the deposit is a lot of money to me.
            How long ago did you pay the deposit?

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
              I would love a two month holiday...
              Whatever the duration.. I'm sure all here will agree, it's hard earned and well deserved.

Comment

Maybe someone who knows him well could give him a call and let him know about this post. He would then at least have the opportunity to reply with a response to the problems.
                "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

No one is saying he doesn't deserve a holiday. What we are saying is that he should improve his contact with customers and stick to the agreed quoted time for cue production. He should at least inform those who are expecting a delivery that he will be away for a couple of months and will get in contact when he returns. People now just have no idea what's going on..

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                    Whatever the duration.. I'm sure all here will agree, it's hard earned and well deserved.
                    It does make you laugh though any other business in the world where a customer has paid deposits and ordered goods the customer would kick off big time if they have no communication, yet if you make a snooker cue it's fine.

Trevor makes great cues but it doesn't make him bigger then his customers fact, I'm not slating trevor has a person or a cuemaker I'm slating the way he runs his business.

Comment

me, too, 18 cues and 2 for repair, he never pick up my phone, hope everything will be fine

Comment

Trevor White

Whilst I agree that his communication could and should be more frequent and reliable I do feel we must understand his position in the marketplace.

Does he have a storefront, virtual or physical?

Does he advertise his service?

Does he make any commitments, promises or pledges to communicate?

Those who have chosen to use his services have chosen to do so on his terms, which are those of an individual craftsman whose work is in demand. There are plenty of craftsmen that encounter similar issues since the rise and availability of the Internet. One pair of hands, one set of tools, one large order book. Scarcity, rarity, and unobtainability create desire.

There is plenty of choice in this marketplace for those wanting a better level of communication and service.

If he has given you a time of completion on a cue of 18 months then he should deliver on time or communicate any delays. That is reasonable.

I don't know the man and his work rate well enough to judge if he deserves a holiday. Perhaps he is on a two month intense Consumer Relations diploma and all this will be a thing of the past.
                        On Cue Facebook Page
                        Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                        Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

This one is worrying - does not fill you with any confidence when you hear things like this and it should not happen - he needs to reply to these people - he stopped taking orders a long while ago and should be catching up by now.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            This one is worrying - does not fill you with any confidence when you hear things like this and it should not happen - he needs to reply to these people - he stopped taking orders a long while ago and should be catching up by now.
                            Definitely! I didn't read this one.
                            On Cue Facebook Page
                            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by hendrykitty View Post
                              me, too, 18 cues and 2 for repair, he never pick up my phone, hope everything will be fine
                              If i read this correctly you ordered 18 cues !!!
                              This is really not on

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post

I don't know the man and his work rate well enough to judge if he deserves a holiday. Perhaps he is on a two month intense Consumer Relations diploma and all this will be a thing of the past.
                                Lol. A great idea. Maybe. Just hope he is ok no problems with health/famuliy etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X