Clear All

• todays carboot findes

Wow you found a Burwat Champion at a car boot, how much lol
    Specs ???

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Wow you found a Burwat Champion at a car boot, how much lol
      Specs ???
      i have found 2 Burwat Champion at the carboot one of them was maple wood all my cues come from carboots lol

Comment

So what are specs then and is it stiff ??

Comment

i thought the Powerglide cue was more interest have not look at the bw cue yet

Comment

jrc is the Burwat Champion the second edition

Comment

From Andy Hunters site:
              http://www.cuesnviews.co.uk/andyhunt...esandwatts.htm

The first edition has an Indian rosewood butt with a satin wood inlay and a rosewood front splice. It had a large oblong badge with a square back, which was cut into the butt and the overall shape was that of a billiard cue. The shaft was ash or maple, and we have heard of, but never seen, a pear shaft. The first edition is the most difficult to find, and made more valuable on account of the Indian rosewood butt.

We have seen another version of the first edition cue where a very light rosewood butt has been substituted; otherwise all the original details are the same. This replacement wood may have been a manufacturing transition between the first and second editions.

The rosewood was completely replaced in the second edition, which had an ebony butt, satin wood inlay and tulip front splice.

The interim and second editions are relatively common from a collector's point of view, but they are quite good playing cues, and worth buying for this purpose.

The woods for the butt and inlay of the third edition where the same as the second, the difference coming in the front splice which was Cocabola wood. The badge was also slightly different; being more rounded at the back. These would have ash or maple or possibly pear shafts.

from your photo difficult to tell but tulip front splice yes?
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by garysnooker View Post
                jrc is the Burwat Champion the second edition
                I would say so yes
                The first edition has an Indian rosewood butt with a satin wood inlay and a rosewood front splice. It had a large oblong badge with a square back.
                The rosewood was completely replaced in the second edition which had an ebony butt, satin wood inlay and tulip front splice.
                The woods for the butt and inlay of the third edition where the same as the second, the difference coming in the front splice which was cocobola wood. The badge was also slightly different, being more rounded at the back.

Lol Dean too fast for me because i edited my text

Comment

If you wanna quick sale let me know more about it

Comment

looks like to me that the PowerGlide cue is called PowerGlide Original anyone know this cue

Comment

Gary i am also looking for a Burwat Champion if you have any for sale please email me Specs and Pictures: topgazza@aol.com

Thanks Gaz.

Comment

sorry the b w is not for sale

Comment

No Probs Gary have you any others for sale?

Gaz.

Comment

Maybe DFB were the initials of the owner?
                            #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
                              Maybe DFB were the initials of the owner?
                              i think you are right

Comment

Working...
                              X