Tom Newman Champion Cue for sale. - SOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Hold cue vertically with one hand around 18" from the tip with butt on the floor, now with the other hand try and push the tip to one side, how far approx does it move and how easily ?
    Hand at exactly 18", held just off door frame for zero. tip moves about 1" before I wanted to stop bending it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
      no problem just thought i would ask
      It looks very much like a cue I used to own.. If it is that cue, then yes the badge is a replacement - the reason I sold it in end.

** Edit - pic for comparison, can't really see if it definitely is the same cue **
      newman.jpg
      Last edited by perpetualboredom; 21 July 2014, 08:48 PM.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Old cue collector --
      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
        Hand at exactly 18", held just off door frame for zero. tip moves about 1" before I wanted to stop bending it.
        Or 4 inches and then it snaps
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

any chance for uploading some pics like this so as to see the straightness of the grain and chev's?

Last edited by j6uk; 21 July 2014, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks .....

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              any chance for uploading some pics like this so as to see the straightness of the grain and chev's?

I can try, but there has been no treatment with grain enhancer ( younger forum members gasp at the thought ) .

Comment

[QUOTE=perpetualboredom;791719]It looks very much like a cue I used to own.. If it is that cue, then yes the badge is a replacement - the reason I sold it in end.

** Edit - pic for comparison, can't really see if it definitely is the same cue **
                newman.jpg[/QUOTE

Did you sell it to Pete H ? I bought it from him.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Thanks .....
                  How does that transfer into stiffness value ?

Comment

How does that transfer into stiffness value ?
                    Bit too much for me i'm afraid, 1/4" to 1/2" is best for me on old cues

Comment

Pic try for chevrons / grain

Comment

[QUOTE=billabong;791726]
                        Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                        It looks very much like a cue I used to own.. If it is that cue, then yes the badge is a replacement - the reason I sold it in end.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16684[/ATTACH][/QUOTE

Did you sell it to Pete H ? I bought it from him.
                        No I sold it in 2010 to a chap called Bill Foot, but I know he later sold it on some time after.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Old cue collector --
                        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

[QUOTE=perpetualboredom;791731]

No I sold it in 2010 to a chap called Bill Foot, but I know he later sold it on some time after.
                          I takeit the spec is similar ? I'll ask Pete147 where he bought his from.

Comment

Cue sold. Check your phone Billy.

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
                              Cue sold. Check your phone Billy.
                              Ok, marked as such in classifieds. :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X