Interesting cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
    . I'm not sure what's happening atm, same 2-3 people bidding on everything right now, ...
    Well i hope they want a Burwat Champion, will be putting one on later

Comment

I think that'll only work if they both want it! Gordon bought one a fortnight ago though, so maybe!
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Old cue collector --
      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I can's see any specifications listed for this cue. I might be slightly concerned that Con Stanbury was reported to have used a cue wich was 5½ foot long. [BP0535 p.16]

Comment

Originally Posted by 100-uper View Post
          I can's see any specifications listed for this cue. I might be slightly concerned that Con Stanbury was reported to have used a cue wich was 5½ foot long. [BP0535 p.16]
          It's right at the bottom in the revisions
          "Just to let bidders know the cue measures just over 58". Tip length is 12.7mm. The width of the tip about 6mm."
          and
          "I HAVE JUST REMEASURED THE WIDTH OF THE CUE TIP AND IT IS 10mm NOT 6mm"

Think the bidders have lost their marbles !!!!

Comment

so out of every cue collector going only 2 serious bidders on the cue,let's just hope they take each other's numbers for when they decide to sell,can't see many collectors paying £200 for this cue let along £600

Comment

Also seems a bit strange how they are bidding so soon ?? i thought they only bid in last 5 seconds ??
              Maybe worried seller would do a private sale far too cheap (in their eyes ?)

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Also seems a bit strange how they are bidding so soon ?? i thought they only bid in last 5 seconds ??
                Maybe worried seller would do a private sale far too cheap (in their eyes ?)
                agree i think there's more then just bidding for a con stanbury cue going on there ,more like a battle between the pair and who's going to crack first

Comment

Originally Posted by 100-uper View Post
                  what does this reference refer to?
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                    so out of every cue collector going only 2 serious bidders on the cue,let's just hope they take each other's numbers for when they decide to sell,can't see many collectors paying £200 for this cue let along £600
                    I though it might go somewhere £100-£150 but what do I know!
                    John- It's becoming more likely this will end early and be sold privately as the fee's will now be getting significant - also if it was me selling it, I'd much rather send it to the UK than the likely winner in Aus - sending something which has cost that much would be stressful for me when it takes a week or so to land.

Dean - I'm guessing the "Billiard Player" edition and page no.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Old cue collector --
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Dean - I'm guessing the "Billiard Player" edition and page no.
                      makes sense, The Billiard Player May 1935 page 16
                      my BPs only go back as far as 1951
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Maybe 1953 month 5 if it was monthly?
                        Old cue collector --

Comment

Will this cue ever stop rising ??
                          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1413562673...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            When will we see another one?
                            On Cue Facebook Page
                            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                              When will we see another one?
                              The cue isn't unique by any means, I've spoken to someone who's seen a number of these and says they're poorly made cues which should not hold great value.
                              You can safetly say theres some willy measuring going on with this...
                              Old cue collector --

Comment

The cue isn't unique by any means, I've spoken to someone who's seen a number of these and says they're poorly made cues which should not hold great value.
                                You can safetly say theres some willy measuring going on with this...
                                it looks a sh*t cue tbh and whoever is bidding on it either hasn't got a clue that it's not worth quarter of that price, or the bidder has plenty of money to throw about wether they pay £100 or a 1k as long as they get the cue,the high bigger seems to be on every cue going

Comment

Working...
                                X