Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help ,i always lose focus when im on a clearence and i get to the black or the last b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help ,i always lose focus when im on a clearence and i get to the black or the last b

Hey guys I play locally in the Swansea league I play div 1 ,whenever I'm on a clearance I always mess it up just before the black can you give me tips on how to raise my game and start taking the clearance when it comes ,any practice routines or tips would be good

Hi Justin, Routines with colours on their spots and 2 or 3 reds down the black end are great for this. I tend to play up for blue off the last red if possible as if you over hit the shot you stay on baulk colours meaning you can keep good position. Keeping good position is key sounds obvious but the more you clear colours the more you will get to know how you like to go about it brown to blue is normally the key shot it should be plain sailing from there. to answer your question about messing up on the black assume you mean the final ball?? If so just make sure you are high on the pink. You can just stun it down or if your too high on it plain ball roll the pink is another option. hope this helps but most importantly practice!!

Comment

I assume your talking about 8 ball ?

The 2 most common things I can think is;

Are you leaving your most difficult pots/positional shots till last ?

Are you getting excited about getting toward the black and losing concentration ?

Comment

What he said ^^^

It's likely you're messing up at that point because up to and before that you have options on your next ball which make the game easier and where sloppy shots don't always cost you.
        The last two pots before the black are single ball positional shots, so leaving the right balls til last, and landing correctly on them, is key to giving you as much margin for error as possible to finish them.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Something like this illustrates it well, pot each red in turn without hitting a cushion...

pool.jpg

If you want to take money off players who think they're god like on a pool table, set the first and last ball around an inch from the cushion and have a bet with them that they can't clear them - this becomes very very very hard..
          Last edited by perpetualboredom; 25 July 2014, 05:21 PM.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
            Something like this illustrates it well, pot each red in turn without hitting a cushion...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16693[/ATTACH]

If you want to take money off players who think they're god like on a pool table, set the first and last ball around an inch from the cushion and have a bet with them that they can't clear them - this becomes very very very hard..

This a good routine on pool table perp. I do it with out touching a cushion too, just to get used to controlled soft screw and drag shots. First 3 easy, 4 quite hard, 5 is very very difficult, try it!!!! Also in a line to middle pocket is a good routine so you can learn how much of pocket you can "pinch". Will sound easy to snooker players i know, but on a 6ft-7ft pool table its not so easy, honest!

Comment

Playing no cushions any order is good too as it quickly becomes obvious you need to take the edge two out as soon as possible and use your options on the others to get you there, which is how you should be approaching any clearance you try to take out in a game.
              Old cue collector --

Comment

Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
                Hi Justin, Routines with colours on their spots and 2 or 3 reds down the black end are great for this. I tend to play up for blue off the last red if possible as if you over hit the shot you stay on baulk colours meaning you can keep good position. Keeping good position is key sounds obvious but the more you clear colours the more you will get to know how you like to go about it brown to blue is normally the key shot it should be plain sailing from there. to answer your question about messing up on the black assume you mean the final ball?? If so just make sure you are high on the pink. You can just stun it down or if your too high on it plain ball roll the pink is another option. hope this helps but most importantly practice!!
                Foul and a miss!
                It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

get to the black punch it in with authority - it don't look as bad if you miss

Comment

Thank you for the tips boys your.right its prob my shot selection I don't really think to far ahead I'll give the routines a try .

Comment

Working...
                    X