No announcement yet.

New ferrule: thoughts, suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the term pigeon ring ferrule refers to the ferrules that are short in length, i.e. they don't do down the shaft as much as the standrd ferrule.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      I think the term pigeon ring ferrule refers to the ferrules that are short in length, i.e. they don't do down the shaft as much as the standrd ferrule.

+1 and they are thinner walled i think

Comment

A new a shouldn't have asked a daft question

Comment

The material I've been experimenting with is an alloy of nickel, aluminium and bronze.
          Plays amazing.
          "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Sounds interesting doc. Is it better than mw blackspin technology in your opinion? Playability wise i mean?

Comment

I guess it depends on individual. The black spin does offer a low defection as does my nylon ferrule but this stuff has a more traditional feel to it, like brass but is harder.
              I just like to try different things. This material is pretty expensive though.
              "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Sounds good, worth a try. Does it stand upto wear and tear like brass? Tip changing, sanding, removing old superglue etc? What do you think cost of ferrule would be?

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
                  The material I've been experimenting with is an alloy of nickel, aluminium and bronze.
                  Plays amazing.
                  Thats some expensive stuff

Comment

First quotes incoming: titan ferrule (drilled, from metalworks company), 9mm/8/0.5 (caliber/height/thickness): about €75.
                    A little expensive for my taste.
                    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Working...
                    X