Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant new cue case.

save 4.jpgsave 3.jpgsave 6.jpgsave 5.jpg

A friend has made a stainless steel full length cue case. Its superbly made, quite heavy and looks fantastic. Turns heads wherever he goes (and causes a few crashes as he walks on street to pool matches) and always gets comments about the amazing mirrored finish. This case only holds a cue and no extensions.
    Any smears from fingers are wiped off with any cue towel or clothing.
    He would like and feedback about the case (may well join up here soon) and to see if anyone would be interested in perhaps obtaining one.
    I have a 3/4 case on order and said I would see what the snooker forum members thought of this unique looking design.
    Perhaps this has been on here before (done by someone else), I couldnt find in threads.
    Thanks for looking and look forward to any (hopefully) positive responses.

Very shiny
    What does inside look like ?

Comment

case 1.jpgcase 2.jpgcase 7.jpg

Heres inside and ends of case. The first one, so changes can be made, chose gold for catches but chrome could be used for complete silver look. And yes jrc, it is very very shiny!!!!lol Looks great.

Comment

Well it's different so that's good in my book, i expect price will be deciding factor

Comment

Very nice indeed but the price may decide it's fate.

Comment

looks cool, is it much heavier than a normal case?

Comment

Wow very nice

Comment

How heavy is the case? I would imagine it to be around 3 to 4 kg............... Would not mind to get one though!!

Comment

Very nice, the only other stainless case I've ever seen pics of was like this :-

sorry about the small pics. Lost out in ebay for it.

Anyone on here know of it's whereabouts ?

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                    Very nice, the only other stainless case I've ever seen pics of was like this :-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16704[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16705[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16706[/ATTACH]

sorry about the small pics. Lost out in ebay for it.

Anyone on here know of it's whereabouts ?
                    I fancied that myself, have seen at least 2 on ebay, although i suppose it coul have been the same one being resold? Anyone know who makes them?
                    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

The end caps look a bit off in the photos. Could just be the angle of the photo but they look a bit crude. Thats constructive criticism by the way not being negative.
                      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by ongkia View Post
                        How heavy is the case? I would imagine it to be around 3 to 4 kg............... Would not mind to get one though!!
                        Ongkia, spot on. Its 3.6kg heavy i know. Its 1.2mm steel, but is first one, 0.9mm is the next. Should reduce weight a fair bit. Also ends could be plastic to make process easier and again lighter. He may well try aluminium to see if finish can be just as good as stainless steel.

Comment

love it - want one -

Comment

Looks great but does it scratch easy?

Might get one if I find the price affordable.

My wishlist of changes would be:

1. Lighter weight;
                            2. Case cover can open fully like a typical leather case;
                            3. Handle can be flattened and extended as and when necessary.

Can't quite tell the quality of the interior from the pics but the foam used should be of good quality and sharp edges are a no no.

Would be good if there's a choice of colours to choose from too... but that can always come later if this does well...
                            When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

The case does fully open like a leather case, pic was just taken half open, the end caps are to the same finish as the rest of the case, not a good angle or light when it was taken. This was the 1st example, I can make changes in the future including losing abit of weight ( probably down to 2.7kg), aluminium ones are possible but I can't get them to the same finish as this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X