Maximus butt finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximus butt finish

A friend who has a Maximus cue doesn't like the finish on the butt. I have tried doing a quick search but found different opinions on its removal.

How can the glossy like finish be removed so the butt has a more 'traditional' feel?

Thanks in advance

Maximus butt finish

I would do it with a medium finishing pad to remove all the lacquer then sand it up to 2000 grade then finish with a few coats of oil and then a coat of wax

Comment

Do you mean the 3m pads that are equivalent to 0000 grade steel wool?

Comment

Originally Posted by darrenlowe79 View Post
        I would do it with a medium finishing pad to remove all the lacquer then sand it up to 2000 grade then finish with a few coats of oil and then a coat of wax
        Thats how i try ro do mine. Adr's wax very good for waxing. Messy to put on as hand temp melts it, but gives a lovely finish. Smells good too.

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
          Do you mean the 3m pads that are equivalent to 0000 grade steel wool?
          no mate it would be about 600 grade to take the heavy stuff off then sand upto 2000
          i done one the other day came up very nice

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
            Thats how i try ro do mine. Adr's wax very good for waxing. Messy to put on as hand temp melts it, but gives a lovely finish. Smells good too.
            I use beeswax works very well to but can be a bit of a pain to take off. I have a new type of oil coming this week which is supposed to be very good for finishing butts

Comment

Do you sand in stages, like 600, 800,1000 etc, or bigger jumps in grade?
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Do you sand in stages, like 600, 800,1000 etc, or bigger jumps in grade?
                Yeah thats the easy way to do it

Comment

Originally Posted by darrenlowe79 View Post
                  I use beeswax works very well to but can be a bit of a pain to take off. I have a new type of oil coming this week which is supposed to be very good for finishing butts
                  what have you gone for?
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Gone for cue or oil mate??

Comment

Working...
                    X