Mark Selbys stance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Selbys stance

Don't know if this is the right place for this but I am watching Mark Selby play just now and noticed he gets down on the shot with two bent legs then once down has a deliberate pull back and straightening of his right leg. Is this something new of has he always done this.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

His back is probably done in because of the weight of guilt he's carrying due to the way he beat Ronnie at the Worlds...

Comment

Mark Selbys stance

I noticed that last year when I was wondering how many players play with a straight leg... I think it genetics related as I struggle to keep my my leg straight but it is possible when I bend both first!
      Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
        His back is probably done in because of the weight of guilt he's carrying due to the way he beat Ronnie at the Worlds...
        Here we go lol
        After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

that is quite funny - post of the week for me

Comment

Hahahahaha!
            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

He wont sleep a wink
              After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

If that's the case Ronnie should permanently play with two bent legs, as his buckled during that final
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  If that's the case Ronnie should permanently play with two bent legs, as his buckled during that final
                  Lol, well played...
                  When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    if that's the case ronnie should permanently play with two bent legs, as his buckled during that final

lol.

Comment

Mark also scratching his balls when under pressure

Comment

probably that is what tall players do to balance themselves with the table height as they bend.

Comment

I noticed most players go down relatively low, regardless of how tall they are. if players like Selby plays about an inch or 2 higher, would that affect any part of the backswing through to the delivery? i used to go down low, but i would hit my grip against table sometimes, so i started to stay a little higher. but now it seems i may have been standing a bit higher than normal. the problem i have thus is not enough screw (posibly cos of the height) then tendency is to high a little higher than aimed. the other problem is my swing tends to skewer to the left, affecting the straightness of my shots. would going down lower remove this problem totally?

Comment

Working...
                          X