X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here's where i got mine
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2PCS-Cue-T...item58a2589bc7

Comment

If they are £1.66 each on eBay which they do look the same i will admit, hes not making much anyway is he as hes charging £3.70 for 2! So 2x £1.66= £3.32 + Postage & Packaging so £3.70 isnt bad as hes only charging 38p for Postage and Packaging!! Thats a Bargain I think.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by Borselino View Post
      £1.66 on Ebay

Comment

Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
        Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
        If they are £1.66 each on eBay which they do look the same i will admit, hes not making much anyway is he as hes charging £3.70 for 2! So 2x £1.66= £3.32 + Postage & Packaging so £3.70 isnt bad as hes only charging 38p for Postage and Packaging!! Thats a Bargain I think.

Gaz.

Fair enough, I can't compete with the prices from china, but it is the cheapest in the UK for sure. It would probably take a few weeks to come as well from china. The raw P&P costs me 85p which breaks down 73p for the stamp, 7p for the postal bag and 5p for the sticker.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post

Gaz.
          99p if you use stejohn link was just trying to point out not the cheapest on ebay as stated by the seller!

Comment

I dont get these surly it would be easier and cheaper to just buy 10 stanly blades for £1.50 which would be more effective that to put your cue into a pencil sharpener seems a waste of money, some right junk on the market these days anyone can shape a tip any way they want with a stanly blade that costs around 15p

Comment

Originally Posted by BigButtWilly View Post
              I dont get these surly it would be easier and cheaper to just buy 10 stanly blades for £1.50 which would be more effective that to put your cue into a pencil sharpener seems a waste of money, some right junk on the market these days anyone can shape a tip any way they want with a stanly blade that costs around 15p
              True, but these are easier and faster to trim the tip flush with ferrule for some people, everyone has a preference.

Comment

Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
                True, but these are easier and faster to trim the tip flush with ferrule for some people, everyone has a preference.
                dont really agree to be honest just turn your cue upside down and slice the tip away with a stanly blade its to easy and done in 25 seconds nice and flush then a bit of sanding and good to go

Comment

Just made a payment thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                    Cheaper on ebay

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                      Is there a youtube video of one of these being used? Would need to be very sharp to work without ripping the side of the tip to pieces. What safe guards it from scoring into the side of the ferrule and looking at the shape how is it possible to keep the sides of the tip parallel to the ferrule? surely its going to taper it towards the end.

if I may say something ,Mav
                      I use them. And it works perfectly. Only thing you should pay attention to is :
                      put piece of thin cloth or some masking tape on the shaft. (Just below the ferrul). in order to prevent the shaft from being damaged.
                      because you have to keep the cue against the straight edge of the blade !!! (( as already mentioned )).

but if you keep the cue against the straight edge of the blade (easily done) it works like a dream. You could always put some masking tape on the ferrule if you're worried

Comment

99p if you use stejohn link was just trying to point out not the cheapest on ebay as stated by the seller!
                        You have made your point. However you are not comparing like for like. From china it will take weeks to be delivered. Looking at eBay uk only it is the cheapest and you can have them in a couple of days. Don't make this personal and continue to clog up my sale thread just because I found you out on another. Trust me you don't want to get personal, im sure I can find much more out about you!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                          Cheers mate, I'll get them sent today

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                            You have made your point. However you are not comparing like for like. From china it will take weeks to be delivered. Looking at eBay uk only it is the cheapest and you can have them in a couple of days. Don't make this personal and continue to clog up my sale thread just because I found you out on another. Trust me you don't want to get personal, im sure I can find much more out about you!!!
                            For these reasons plus supporting a TSF member, I think I can manage the couple of quid difference!

Comment

Cheaper on ebay
                              You have already said that when you decided to sign in under username Bigbuttwilly

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                                You have already said that when you decided to sign in under username Bigbuttwilly
                                I don't think he is that clever is he ??

Comment

Working...
                                X