How often can you clear the colours ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
    Good one Byrom. My thoughts exactly. I haven't posted much on here lately but could not resist. Too busy playing golf.
    Well you enjoy it Les a break is refreshing for one mind and body sometimes - inspired by our Irish Champ no doubt - Golf is enjoyable especially when your as good as you are Les

Golf is a good walk ruined for me though.

Comment

Originally Posted by magicman View Post
      Years ago Ray Reardon showed me an exercise clearing the colours:

Yellow to black using no cushions. From the black you play position on yellow once more using no cushions and start all over again. Ray said that when you can do yellow to black 3 times on the trot, you should be thinking of turning pro.
      Nice post magicman,,, , my favorite players are players who do'nt use cushions. (As little as possible unless absolutely necessary). CB control with angel shots in a small area f table !!!

Comment

Nope still getting down a couple nights a week for some practice. But I love my golf. Have a big day tomorrow playing in a four man scramble with My son, Floyd Zeigler and Cliff Thorburn.
        Sounds great, have a great day Les, I do miss your posts on the snooker though, they always made me feel better about my game lol. I bet you are playing better now you are a bit more relaxed about it.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Sounds great, have a great day Les, I do miss your posts on the snooker though, they always made me feel better about my game lol. I bet you are playing better now you are a bit more relaxed about it.
          Now that's not nice... you are right, I have a different mindset when I do practice and I have been making a lot more pots. I feel the golf is actually helping me relax and think about the pot instead of just getting up and just hitting it with no plan.
          " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
          " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
          http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Now that's not nice... you are right, I have a different mindset when I do practice and I have been making a lot more pots. I feel the golf is actually helping me relax and think about the pot instead of just getting up and just hitting it with no plan.
            Les, Can I ask you something ?? (This is off the topic, so I do apologize to other members !!)
            In Golf, when you hit the ball, what are you looking at???
            The Ball??? OR the pocket? (I do'nt know how to call the pocket in Golf, sorry )
            But I mean where the ball falls into.
            Just curious !!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
              Les, Can I ask you something ?? (This is off the topic, so I do apologize to other members !!)
              In Golf, when you hit the ball, what are you looking at???
              The Ball??? OR the pocket? (I do'nt know how to call the pocket in Golf, sorry )
              But I mean where the ball falls into.
              Just curious !!
              I am looking at the back of the ball same as I am now doing in snooker. My cue ball is the golf ball and my cue is the club. So in other words I now am looking at back of cue ball.

Comment

I am looking at the back of the ball same as I am now doing in snooker. My cue ball is the golf ball and my cue is the club. So in other words I now am looking at back of cue ball.
                Well it seems to be unanimous you should be looking at the object ball, not the cue ball Les

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Well it seems to be unanimous you should be looking at the object ball, not the cue ball Les
                  He knows that. He's been told 1,000 times.
                  image.jpg
                  WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                  Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

well, in this case, I can understand if you sometimes have problems with playing snooker.
                    (This is not a criticism !!!). If you've played Golf for years and each time you look at the CB. Is extremely difficult to change that habit !!! IMO.
                    Anyway, thanks for the replay. I was just curious, I've never played Golf.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                      well, in this case, I can understand if you sometimes have problems with playing snooker.
                      (This is not a criticism !!!). If you've played Golf for years and each time you look at the CB. Is extremely difficult to change that habit !!! IMO.
                      Anyway, thanks for the replay. I was just curious, I've never played Golf.
                      Here is my theory. When I put my first table in two years ago I was looking at back of cue ball as I have done for years. I went up to see Terry and he video taped me potting long blues and if I remember correctly I made 7 out of 10 looking at back of CB, but as I started to play a lot more and everyone told me I must look at back of OB I switched and my problems begin. We went through this last winter in a seperate post and again like JRC said I was told a 1,000 times you cannot look at back of CB so after a week of looking at back of CB I went back to looking at the back of OB. About two weeks ago I started to practice more frequently and started back looking at back of CB and I found myself making a lot more pots and my shape much better. I seem to strike the cue ball where I want and my follow through is much better then my little jab I normally have. No movement in my body. I am sure there will be many comments but I have become a custom to them..... I can take it.
                      On another note my Son, Floyd Ziegler and Cliff Thorburn had a great day on the golf course Saturday and finished one back with 12 under. Cliff grinds it out on the golf course just like he does on the table and just a pleasure to play with.

Comment

Here is my theory. When I put my first table in two years ago I was looking at back of cue ball as I have done for years. I went up to see Terry and he video taped me potting long blues and if I remember correctly I made 7 out of 10 looking at back of CB, but as I started to play a lot more and everyone told me I must look at back of OB I switched and my problems begin. We went through this last winter in a seperate post and again like JRC said I was told a 1,000 times you cannot look at back of CB so after a week of looking at back of CB I went back to looking at the back of OB. About two weeks ago I started to practice more frequently and started back looking at back of CB and I found myself making a lot more pots and my shape much better. I seem to strike the cue ball where I want and my follow through is much better then my little jab I normally have. No movement in my body. I am sure there will be many comments but I have become a custom to them..... I can take it.
                        On another note my Son, Floyd Ziegler and Cliff Thorburn had a great day on the golf course Saturday and finished one back with 12 under. Cliff grinds it out on the golf course just like he does on the table and just a pleasure to play with.

well, I have no comments on this. If that works for you, so be it.
                        Usually Terry or Vmax or J6 ....give their opinion here ...
                        they want to help and they know what they are talking about. IMO.
                        I have no problem with that, I can see that you have'nt either !!! ( good to know !!! ).
                        Anyway, I'm glad your game has improved, and hope you enjoy Golf and snooker.

Comment

Well I was going to try doing the colours yesterday but my routine starts of doing a 15 red line up and due to my lack of table time this last month or so I didn't even manage that. I got close a few time though.

Comment

How often can you clear the colours ?

I know a pro friend of mine who says he has cleared the colours 11 times in a row, playing onto the yellow from black each time. That's not bad going :0)
                            coaching is not just for the pros
                            www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Originally Posted by CoachGavin View Post
                              I know a pro friend of mine who says he has cleared the colours 11 times in a row, playing onto the yellow from black each time. That's not bad going :0)
                              Not bad that's fantastic. I can only dream those kind of things. I am just getting back to my practicing and started last night with 4 reds between the black n pink and was able to clear off the reds with blacks and then run blue pink black. I was very happy with that. No matter what every one says I am having much better results looking at the back of CB.

Comment

Originally Posted by CoachGavin View Post

I'm struggling to clear 15 reds at the moment. The standard of some of these pros is unbelievable.

Comment

Working...
                                X