How often can you clear the colours ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often can you clear the colours ?

I am freaking myself out ! try as I can I cant make more than on an average 3 out of ten complete clearances I always foul up somewhere along the line as for pot the black and the return down the table for the yellow ! I always appear to end up with a screw back from yellow to the green that would test a pro like to hear about anyone else who does this routine.

In practice. It can take me a few attempts to clear. Brown to blue being an issue for me.
    When playing with my mate. Never. The balls are never on their spots by the time we get to that part to the game.

Comment

In a match quite rarely as they're almost never on their spots. In practice maybe 6-7 out of ten. If I mess up its usually blue to pint as there are many options of how to play on to it. I tend to play the brown to blue round 3 cushions. Black to yellow generally just a stun up to leave either straight on the yellow or low, never high as its awkward cueing for a right hander.

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
        In a match quite rarely as they're almost never on their spots. In practice maybe 6-7 out of ten. If I mess up its usually blue to pint as there are many options of how to play on to it. I tend to play the brown to blue round 3 cushions. Black to yellow generally just a stun up to leave either straight on the yellow or low, never high as its awkward cueing for a right hander.
        Blue to pint is your problem - rather than hit the drink try instead to pot the pink

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
          Blue to pint is your problem - rather than hit the drink try instead to pot the pink
          Hahaha. I'm sure a few people are guilty of this.
          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Years ago Ray Reardon showed me an exercise clearing the colours:

Yellow to black using no cushions. From the black you play position on yellow once more using no cushions and start all over again. Ray said that when you can do yellow to black 3 times on the trot, you should be thinking of turning pro.
            I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
              In practice. It can take me a few attempts to clear. Brown to blue being an issue for me.
              When playing with my mate. Never. The balls are never on their spots by the time we get to that part to the game.
              when you say Brown to Blue being an issue.... do you tend to hit the Brown thick?
              #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

oops typo, although not untrue

Comment

Not to go too off track, but sometimes when I play I could put the balls away, go through to the bar and just drink until the pain stops lol.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                    when you say Brown to Blue being an issue.... do you tend to hit the Brown thick?
                    I think it's not getting a good position after the green but I'm getting better at it. One day I'll post a vid. Maybe next week.

Comment

Good one Byrom. My thoughts exactly. I haven't posted much on here lately but could not resist. Too busy playing golf.
                      " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                      " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                      http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                        Good one Byrom. My thoughts exactly. I haven't posted much on here lately but could not resist. Too busy playing golf.
                        Given up on the snooker Les?

Spose you've got to make the most of the nice weather!

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                          I am freaking myself out ! try as I can I cant make more than on an average 3 out of ten complete clearances I always foul up somewhere along the line as for pot the black and the return down the table for the yellow ! I always appear to end up with a screw back from yellow to the green that would test a pro like to hear about anyone else who does this routine.
                          Do you mean 3 colours clearances without touching the cueball (i.e. - black to yellow twice)? If so, that's really not bad.

Terry
                          Terry Davidson
                          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                            Given up on the snooker Les?

Spose you've got to make the most of the nice weather!
                            Nope still getting down a couple nights a week for some practice. But I love my golf. Have a big day tomorrow playing in a four man scramble with My son, Floyd Zeigler and Cliff Thorburn.
                            " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                            " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                            http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                              Nope still getting down a couple nights a week for some practice. But I love my golf. Have a big day tomorrow playing in a four man scramble with My son, Floyd Zeigler and Cliff Thorburn.
                              Sounds good. Have fun mate!

Comment

Working...
                              X