Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul HUnter Classic (ET2) August 20-24, 2014

Paul Hunter was one of my favourite players and its
    nice to see this tournament continue in his honour.

The players have said that the fans are very supportive
    and its a great venue so I am looking forward to it.

Ding isnt playing unfortunately however O'Sullivan and
    many other top names are too.

Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
    Paul Hunter was one of my favourite players and its
    nice to see this tournament continue in his honour.

The players have said that the fans are very supportive
    and its a great venue so I am looking forward to it.

Ding isnt playing unfortunately however O'Sullivan and
    many other top names are too.

I never really got to see Paul Hunter playing on TV as during that period of my life I was wrapped up with other family stuff. It's a shame as I've now seen quite a few vids of him on youtube and he's really good.

Looking forward to the tournament.

Comment

yes looking forward to it too, i will be there on friday watching ronnie play

Comment

Looks like Eurosport UK will be televising from Friday onwards.

Comment

and it looks like British Eurosport is not dropping live coverage on the Sunday like they tend to do! woohoo!
          but they are not showing any of the Wednesday or Thursday
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            and it looks like British Eurosport is not dropping live coverage on the Sunday like they tend to do! woohoo!
            but they are not showing any of the Wednesday or Thursday
            Yes. It's going to be streaming for us on those days mate.

Comment

oh I know that (good ol sportlemon.tv ) but these are blocked at work
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

...but these are blocked at work
                A pity.

Comment

The first two days are the amateur rounds anyway and these won't be shown even on sport lemon.
                  WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                  Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                    The first two days are the amateur rounds anyway and these won't be shown even on sport lemon.
                    Thanks for the information.

So not televised at all then
                    Last edited by cyberheater; 18 August 2014, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Yes World Snooker starts their streaming on friday
                      which is when the top players start.

Comment

oh I know that (good ol sportlemon.tv ) but these are blocked at work
                        there are ways around this

But I don't want you to get sacked so I'm not telling you
                        Last edited by Byrom; 19 August 2014, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Always reminds me of Paul Hunter this event. (Obviously.)

I remember Paul Hunter was in one of the first matches I saw live. It was against Mark Williams in the first round of the 2006 Masters, at the Wembley Conference Center. Paul had been well into chemotherapy treatment, and was now completely bald. But he'd wanted to go on with his normal life as much as possible, and was still turning up at tournaments when he could. He lost 6-3, but all the fans were happy to see him there and you could tell that Mark Williams took no pleasure in beating him.

At this years Welsh Open, before one of the semis, the announcer mentioned Paul Hunter's name as a previous winner of the event, and he got a spontaneous and heartfelt round of applause. It was quite a touching moment.

Paul Hunter, gone but not forgotten.

Comment

I played Paul at Prestatyn in a flyer when he was 15 or so. We were at 1-1 and I was 24 up on the green with 3 balls on cushions, when he produced a sublime 25 dish. I got to know him a little more after that as he was friendly with a couple of people I knew. He was a lovely kid who grew to be a lovely man. Most dead or dying people are spoken of glowingly, but in Paul's case the stories were true. A great talent, and more importantly a great human being.
                            I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Paul Hunter was our local player I so him play twice in the UK CHampionships at York, it is great to see his tornament continue in his memory, just wish the tournament was played in Paul's hometown of Leeds and would be very fitting and a great honour to the man whoose snooker career was sadly taken away from him and also the if trophy was presented to the winner by his wife Lindsey, also I would to see Matthew Stevens win the event because he was Paul's good friend and pratice partner, and waht a match they played at Sheffiled in 2004 which Matthew won 13-12
                              Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Working...
                              X