No announcement yet.

Custom Offer - Bonus from Workshop to Unclevit CQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered from unclevit as well, mainly due to the good feedback from others on this forum, unfortunately the wait for me has also been much more that first advised although I was expecting some delay from what others have already experienced. As already said it appears to have been a tough year for him. Hopefully the wait will be worth it though as in general most people appear very happy with their cues when they do arrive including experienced members who have seen and used loads of cues. Hopefully it won't be too much longer Also I would say that I have always received prompt replies to my messages so far.

Comment

Just to add, i did have to wait longer than first advised, but was kept up to date with valid reasons, riots at the time, wood wasn't good looking enough etc,
      My regular playing partner begged it off me as soon as he saw it and had a go with it, so i see it regularly but it's no longer mine lol

Comment

I am still waiting for my foxwood cue but i will say unclevit will reply but it can take a little time,As for quality i am expecting a top notch cue.

Comment

Is that macassar ebony John??
          Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Just to add, i did have to wait longer than first advised, but was kept up to date with valid reasons, riots at the time, wood wasn't good looking enough etc,
          My regular playing partner begged it off me as soon as he saw it and had a go with it, so i see it regularly but it's no longer mine lol

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
            Is that macassar ebony John??
            Hi Sanjay, no its called white foxwood over there, very similar to pale moon ebony, but more white/yellow in it

Comment

Originally Posted by walkerpool View Post
              As for quality i am expecting a top notch cue.
              Me too, hopefully the saying is correct and good things do come to those who wait.

Comment

Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
                Me too, hopefully the saying is correct and good things do come to those who wait.
                Yes, the same though as I'm.
                At the beginning, he said it need 10 weeks to work it out. But now it's 26 weeks, it still not finished.
                What I could do now is hoping that worth to wait for such a long time.

Comment

Well I have just ordered one, the wait won't bother me too much, and I definitely have ten weeks out my head ,so I won't get disappointed .
                  Specs are 58, 10 mill ferrule, 18oz, 29/30 mill butt, balanced at 17.5 /18 , so fingers crossed.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by fatnew View Post
                    Yes, the same though as I'm.
                    At the beginning, he said it need 10 weeks to work it out. But now it's 26 weeks, it still not finished.
                    What I could do now is hoping that worth to wait for such a long time.
                    Long time - lol - some people have passed away whilst waiting for their Parris Ultimate

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      None of my business but cut the guy some slack - he sounds decent enough to me are you sure you guys not being a bit unfair to Unclevit?

I have not seen his cues or his work but his prices are very reasonable and as he says he does not aim for the high end market and on top of this his workshop was clearly flooded under a lot of water - he posted pictures on the forum - this would give anyone nightmares and cause a backlog in orders/communication. His country has also had serious problems on the streets - so he has not really had a good year for his business.

Cues are all subjective - one man's perfume another man's poison but he does not charge the earth and so think we should be a bit more understanding - if there are any problems with custom order cues I am of the opinion that the person who is buying/bought it should raise this with the person who made it in private via communication and not use a public forum as this may cause unfounded damage to his reputation. Don't take me wrong you guys might have valid complaints - just think that the forum is not the correct place to air those views in the first instance.

This goes for all the makers and customers of the forum who use this forum - if communications are ignored or you don't get your own way then it is easy to get frustrated I understand but patience is a virtue -
                      Yes, it is a bad year for us here. We have lost plenty of very fine woods from the flood. The recent and still ongoing army coup is blocking any wood transport on the roads, or over the boarder. Wood trade is nearly impossible. Lucky for those who have stocked plenty last year. But we don't as we handpicked each wood blank/board by ourselves. Though it costs more to stock in smaller amount at a time, which costs a lot more to pay, but we don't pass this extra cost to our customers. This is why we sell at a very low, surprised price, for even a custom order. We want all of you to get a good cue at a down-to-earth price. It's tough and lots of works behind each 'custom' order. Anyhow, appreciate your kind understanding. But don't mind if you complain. Byrom : you speak my mind. Thanks !!
                      (bad internet signal too these days. middle of heavy rainy season. what a nightmare)
                      Last edited by unclevit; 26 August 2014, 12:14 AM.
                      It's in the Shaft

Comment

Long time - lol - some people have passed away whilst waiting for their Parris Ultimate
                        copy that. my own 2 cues ordered since february still hanging on the w/s crafting room wall. i take all the complaints. it's all my fault to help finance the w/s and let them do this
                        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                          Yes, it is a bad year for us here. We have lost plenty of very fine woods from the flood. The recent and still ongoing army coup is blocking any wood transport on the roads, or over the boarder. Wood trade is nearly impossible. Lucky for those who have stocked plenty last year. But we don't as we handpicked each wood blank/board by ourselves. Though it costs more to stock in smaller amount at a time, which costs a lot more to pay, but we don't pass this extra cost to our customers. This is why we sell at a very low, surprised price, for even a custom order. We want all of you to get a good cue at a down-to-earth price. It's tough and lots of works behind each 'custom' order. Anyhow, appreciate your kind understanding. But don't mind if you complain. Byrom : you speak my mind. Thanks !!
                          (bad internet signal too these days. middle of heavy rainy season. what a nightmare)
                          Well fair is fair as I say Unclevit Sir - I say it as I see it - Your country has suffered with problems floods and Government in disarray and this has hit many business's - also I also know some of the players have had their Visa problems too - and I did see the pictures of the terrible conditions you have had to endure over there with your business under several feet of water and my heart felt for you - it really did - As you said wood needs to be stored in a dry climate - moisture in the wood can cause a warp later on and you are wise and honest to inform and wait - in your customers minds they might think this extra wait is bad but in my mind it actually shows your professionalism. How you balance this with needing to keep going and earn a living-pay wages and buy materials is nothing short of impressive - it would surely break a lesser man like me - so you indeed have my whole hearted admiration.

I think anyone waiting and reading this should pause for thought and try and understand - and try perhaps a little harder to be just a little more patient and give this gentleman a chance to recover - get on top of his orders and get his business back to normal and on behalf of all your previous customers - or just people with a heart who care like me let me send our blessings and hopes that the coming years will bring you health wealth and happiness - to you, your family, workers and friends. Keep smiling

Comment

I agree almost fully with what you are saying Byrom bar for one tiny little niggle. Why has he recently been coming on here on a daily basis advertising for more orders when he's struggling to complete the ones he already has?

He's just explained the problems he's having getting wood and that he doesn't stock much. What he had, either got very wet or must be full of moisture from all the rain. Where is the wood coming from for the new orders he's trying to get and if weather conditions hav'nt improved how is that wood going to remain free of moisture to make a decent cue in those conditions?
                            Last edited by Maverick54; 26 August 2014, 06:22 AM.
                            "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

do you think it could be worthwhile contacting JP and ask if their orders could be taken over?
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                do you think it could be worthwhile contacting JP and ask if their orders could be taken over?
                                I believe there is a waiting list for that waiting list

Comment

Working...
                                X