Custom Offer - Bonus from Workshop to Unclevit CQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Offer - Bonus from Workshop to Unclevit CQ

Workshop granted me a bonus cue : Plain Black Ebony butt in Maple Shaft, Any size from these specs : 56-58", 9-10mm tip, 28-30mm butt, and weight between 16.5-18oz. total. To be finished by the end of October this year. US$120 without Aircost. A Steal !! Selected Shaft and Butt woods. All handcrafted. I will pass this bonus to you. Let me know through my facebook pm message of 'unclevitCQ' only. Only one bonus available. Thanks.
    (The cue will look like this photo attached)

Just got the maple blank for this cue project. Stiff. Very Old. Can make a good tournament grade custom cue. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by unclevit; 21 August 2014, 04:46 AM. Reason: extra photo
    It's in the Shaft

Yes I will be interested and I have messaged you ok.

Gaz.

Comment

My CQ order placed on February, but the cue is NOT coming to me this moment, is it need to be finished by the end of October ??

Comment

90% to finishing stage. heavy rain in bangkok for many weeks already. w/s does not want to risk on moisture problem which will cause a warp/bend later. i will send your cue photo soonest they are done on the final buff. sorry.
        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Let's be honest unclevit, you are full of it. Always a convenient last minute excuse, always late, always almost what you wanted.

I bought one of your cues and it took you months over the already long time to actually finish it and get it sent. You never kept me updated, I always had to ask.

The grain filler was falling out the cue, the finish was beyond sub par with sanding marks and scuff marks all over the cue. The cue was barely oiled at all. While it looked like a good cue overall, with pretty ash, the wood was not up to quality and not tight enough grain. You must have some interesting comparisons to make for a 'play test' to pass as this cue was dead in feel even though it was stiff.

I really do think it's all in the shaft, but I think you might be playing with the wrong shaft.

Comment

Sir. Sorry to make you upset and disappointed. We always have different judgements. But I appreciate your valuable comment sent. I accept that other hi-end brands are much better in all aspects. Regards.
            It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by Benno View Post
              Let's be honest unclevit, you are full of it. Always a convenient last minute excuse, always late, always almost what you wanted.

I bought one of your cues and it took you months over the already long time to actually finish it and get it sent. You never kept me updated, I always had to ask.

The grain filler was falling out the cue, the finish was beyond sub par with sanding marks and scuff marks all over the cue. The cue was barely oiled at all. While it looked like a good cue overall, with pretty ash, the wood was not up to quality and not tight enough grain. You must have some interesting comparisons to make for a 'play test' to pass as this cue was dead in feel even though it was stiff.

I really do think it's all in the shaft, but I think you might be playing with the wrong shaft.

Made my day that post. Say what you mean why dont you
              "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Benno View Post

Months to finish never updated and bad communication, come on Unclevit are you trevor white in disguise?

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                  90% to finishing stage. heavy rain in bangkok for many weeks already. w/s does not want to risk on moisture problem which will cause a warp/bend later. i will send your cue photo soonest they are done on the final buff. sorry.
                  It just Plain Black Ebony butt in Maple Shaft cue, no splice & arrows on it.

So, you don't need to send me photos, just send me a RIGHT finished cue, or my money back. Thank you once again.

Comment

None of my business but cut the guy some slack - he sounds decent enough to me are you sure you guys not being a bit unfair to Unclevit?

I have not seen his cues or his work but his prices are very reasonable and as he says he does not aim for the high end market and on top of this his workshop was clearly flooded under a lot of water - he posted pictures on the forum - this would give anyone nightmares and cause a backlog in orders/communication. His country has also had serious problems on the streets - so he has not really had a good year for his business.

Cues are all subjective - one man's perfume another man's poison but he does not charge the earth and so think we should be a bit more understanding - if there are any problems with custom order cues I am of the opinion that the person who is buying/bought it should raise this with the person who made it in private via communication and not use a public forum as this may cause unfounded damage to his reputation. Don't take me wrong you guys might have valid complaints - just think that the forum is not the correct place to air those views in the first instance.

This goes for all the makers and customers of the forum who use this forum - if communications are ignored or you don't get your own way then it is easy to get frustrated I understand but patience is a virtue -

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      None of my business but cut the guy some slack - he sounds decent enough to me are you sure you guys not being a bit unfair to Unclevit?

I have not seen his cues or his work but his prices are very reasonable and as he says he does not aim for the high end market and on top of this his workshop was clearly flooded under a lot of water - he posted pictures on the forum - this would give anyone nightmares and cause a backlog in orders/communication. His country has also had serious problems on the streets - so he has not really had a good year for his business.

Cues are all subjective - one man's perfume another man's poison but he does not charge the earth and so think we should be a bit more understanding - if there are any problems with custom order cues I am of the opinion that the person who is buying/bought it should raise this with the person who made it in private via communication and not use a public forum as this may cause unfounded damage to his reputation. Don't take me wrong you guys might have valid complaints - just think that the forum is not the correct place to air those views in the first instance.

This goes for all the makers and customers of the forum who use this forum - if communications are ignored or you don't get your own way then it is easy to get frustrated I understand but patience is a virtue -
                      Disagree! frustration and complaints is best on a forum IMHO then this way the subject in question knows he have to buck his/her ideas up as everyone can see. If Curry's didn't deliver your TV and ignored all correspondence with you then it's a sure bet you would make sure everyone else knew about it, I just don't see that cuemakers are any different as they are both a business at the end of the day and money is involved with both parties.

Comment

Dealt with Unclevit a few times and have only good things to say about him and his cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                          Disagree! frustration and complaints is best on a forum IMHO then this way the subject in question knows he have to buck his/her ideas up as everyone can see. If Curry's didn't deliver your TV and ignored all correspondence with you then it's a sure bet you would make sure everyone else knew about it, I just don't see that cuemakers are any different as they are both a business at the end of the day and money is involved with both parties.
                          Well I agree if they don't communicate but I disagree otherwise here Leo - I have had cues with problems before - can always be something not quite right when you are dealing with a natural product that you vision or imagine/hope will turn out a certain way- and cue buyers can be the most fussy of customers I don't envy these cue makers one little bit in that regard. If there where ever a problem I would email the person tell him of the faults but I would think telling them is enough in private - why tell the world? - if a guy makes thousands of cues and one is wrong/late/not up to standard is that a fair criticism on him or his business to judge him by - I think not.
                          Last edited by Byrom; 22 August 2014, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            Well I agree if they don't communicate but I disagree otherwise here Leo - I have had cues with problems before - can always be something not quite right when you are dealing with a natural product that you vision or imagine/hope will turn out a certain way- and cue buyers can be the most fussy of customers I don't envy these cue makers one little bit in that regard. If there where ever a problem I would email the person tell him of the faults but I would think telling them is enough in private - why tell the world? - if a guy makes thousands of cues and one is wrong/late/not up to standard is that a fair criticism on him or his business to judge him by - I think not.
                            I'm sorry to tell you, mate.
                            This cue maker didn't reply my email, I could not contact him. Always waiting, but no reply. So what can I do for this? Is it fair to me?
                            Last edited by fatnew; 22 August 2014, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Very strange this, i got email responses within a day or so, and if Suvit wasn't available (because of work) then his niece Nong would respond on his behalf.
                              I only have good things to say about my experience buying from him.

Comment

Working...
                              X