Lights used to line up shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights used to line up shot

One of our top players who as been playing for 45 years was telling me and demonstrating to me how he uses the arc of the lights on the object ball and cue ball to line the shot up I tried it and I can see where he is coming from but I am not convinced at all. Has anybody tried this before

I forget where I was reading it (maybe here on TSF) that using the arc of lights can be used but you need to look above the spot as it will move as you move around the table. So you can lock on a spot above it and then hold your eyes on that spot as you move. I hope that makes sense.
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

was thinking of this while practicing last week after i got the idea from one of steve davis video on youtube.

but the video he made was at a fix point where the light is at the same place. and his method was only for practicing.

was playing the line up but it didnt work if the white is not at the same place.

if anyone can have a better method of using the reflection of the light it will be great.

anyway here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8UxZmAjUjY

Comment

Originally Posted by ardvark66 View Post
        One of our top players who as been playing for 45 years was telling me and demonstrating to me how he uses the arc of the lights on the object ball and cue ball to line the shot up I tried it and I can see where he is coming from but I am not convinced at all. Has anybody tried this before
        An old story passed on. Like has been said it only works with the object ball and cueball in a specific spot in relation to one of the lights. If the light is directly on the olbject ball's path to the pocket it might work, but cannot be relied on.

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Lights used to line up shot

I used to do this when I was about 17. I think it depends quite a lot on the lights used. for example on some tables theres a tube light which just beams down a long straight line on the balls. Where as on some other lights used ( normal bulbs ) you get 3 dots of light reflecting on the balls. 1 dot of light to the left of the ball 1 on the centre and 1 to the right hand side. So for example the cue ball is on green spot and your playing thr pink of its spot you would be aiming to hit the pink on the left light to cut into right pocket. Still takes some concentration and gotta hit it right but used to work quite well for me. if it dont pot it will be a close miss. Hope that made sense...?
          Last edited by screw; 19 August 2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X