Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potting opponent's balls when foul-snookered...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    yep, nominated ball, is the one that you and either hit first, or pot, or both
    in the scenario I think I would (if only the two reds and my one yellow) punt the red into the pocket leaving my yellow covering the pocket, he gets two visits but not foul snookered
    That is probably your best solution. Although depending on where the balls are situated on the table the player could have nominated ball in hand and then called foul snooker again when behind the balk. This may have made it possible to nominate the red over the pocket while hitting a fraction of his yellow first, potting the red and not fouling, but once again it would be easier if there was a diagram to tell the best possible shot to play.

There is also the possibility to reverse the situation, depending on the layout, by nominating the black and playing it onto the red, leaving your yellow over the pocket, their red in the middle, and the black on the outside. Foul snooker yes, but they are in the same situation you were just in.

All depends on the lay of the balls, position on table, and how smart and good your opponent is.

Comment

Originally Posted by TheRowdyOne View Post
      All depends on the lay of the balls, position on table, and how smart and good your opponent is.
      always this
      it is interesting how even when you give your opponent 2 visits, they still lose
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by timcunnell View Post
        Thanks very much for the input on this! I now understand this rule much clearer son if it comes up again I'll be covered!
        We played a match this weekend and the other team were refereeing this frame. Their player nominated one ball but potted the other. Ref didn't call a foul, and their guy cleared. We queried the ruling after and the ref said "oh yeah that probably was a foul. Oh well!"
        They were a cheating bunch of scumbags to be honest! But embarrassingly at the time none of us were really sure of the rule ourselves!
        Problem is you queried the ruling after. If you think it's a foul then pull it up straight away otherwise it's too late...

I don't know if it's the case now but once upon a time the "Ref" could ref and time keep, or there could be a ref AND a time keeper as well. If there is a ref and time keeper in the same game then the time keeper has as much power as a ref and can call any foul as soon as it occurs. I would suggest if you are playing scumbags in the future you not only watch the games closely but offer to keep time while they are refing.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          always this
          it is interesting how even when you give your opponent 2 visits, they still lose
          Sometimes I enjoy giving my opponents two shots knowing:
          1)Even with 4 shots they aren't going to pot out and
          2)By giving them two shots I know they are going to make it easier for me to pot out after they are finished.

Comment

Working...
          X