X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by kadobau View Post
    Olive ~~~ always my 1st choice !!! :snooker::snooker::snooker:
    Mine too!!
    I can't understand why it's not a solid piece of olive wood on this ultimate though?
    Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
      Mine too!!
      I can't understand why it's not a solid piece of olive wood on this ultimate though?
      What do you mean by "solid" ???
      A hand spliced cue is made up of 4 pieces !!

Comment

Ultimate shaft, machine spliced onto a solid olive wood butt, the way to go then ?

Comment

Olive ~~~ always my 1st choice !!! :snooker::snooker::snooker:
          It's a shame it turns ugly brown in a few years! Definitely a pretty wood when new though.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
            It's a shame it turns ugly brown in a few years! Definitely a pretty wood when new though.
            Really......!!
            Mine just a year. Still look lovely ~~~

Comment

Really......!!
              Mine just a year. Still look lovely ~~~
              He said a few years which usually means more then one!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                What do you mean by "solid" ???
                A hand spliced cue is made up of 4 pieces !!
                Didn't look at the pics properly, thought it was just an olive wood butt not splices on ebony
                Last edited by danam1; 25 August 2014, 04:41 PM.
                Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                  Easy to make look like new again with some careful sanding. I've just done mine and wished I'd taken some before and after pics.
                  Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                    He said a few years which usually means more then one!
                    Ok, then I will have to come back after few years ~~~ LOL !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
                      Didn't look at the pics properly, thought it was just an olive wood butt not splices on ebony
                      even so, it would still be spliced.
                      http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

I've got a mate who ordered his ultimate, was told it would take a year, after a year, told another year, and now, when due, has been told another year. So if they can be believed, that's 3 years, with still no guarantee of actually getting it then. Imo no cue's worth waiting that long for, plus I think a cue is really about the feel, rather than the look. Hence world beaters with little more than rack cues!
                        I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

No guarantee he will like it if ......i mean when it turns up .
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

another parris ultimate

seriously chaps are they still people out there falling for this hype.can you think of any other products with a waiting list like that?.I would love to know how many people are in the cue sorry queue

Comment

I do think these 3+ year waits are for customers who are being extremely demanding on the shaft and what they require. I know that is the whole point of the Ultimate range that you specify exactly what you are after but if you are looking for grain or arrows that have a certain spacing or requires a blank belly, or an arrow exactly 3 inches from the ferrule with precisely 7 arrows along the shaft to the ebony splices and tight side grain etc, its no wonder when going though his ash shafts he may struggle to find the exact shaft.

Yes there will be a minimum 2 year wait due to the amount of orders but some customers are getting their cues within that timescale like Pottr on here who had his near enough bang on the waiting time.

Also just to say, that the Ultimate range of shafts are also planed down by hand over a period of 12 months, done in stages to allow the wood to settle so these shafts are meticulously handled to be the very best quality. That in itself takes half the waiting time up!
                              Last edited by cueman; 28 August 2014, 12:35 PM.

Comment

i really cant understand why you all keep talking about jp cues if you dont want and like them.

Comment

Working...
                                X