• Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    even so, it would still be spliced.
    Mine isn't!
    Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

another parris ultimate

Yes right do you think that I'm an idiot, I know exactly what goes into making cues if people want to believe that nonsense so be it but please don't repeat it parrot fashion

Comment

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
        Mine isn't!
        You must have a machine spliced cue then? OR its a 3/4 which are made totally different to one piece cues

Comment

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
          Mine isn't!
          what cue do you have out of interest?
          http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            a 3/4 which are made totally different to one piece cues
            what is the difference?

Comment

A 3/4 cue has a solid butt, with a short shaft screwed to it, a one piece cue has a full length shaft with splices glued onto it
              Last edited by jrc750; 28 August 2014, 05:19 PM.

Comment

A 3/4 cue has a solid butt, with a short shaft screwed to it, a one cue has full length shaft with splices glued on
                although anything with olivewood, would generally be spliced, as the joint will 9/10 be in the ebony and the olivewood spliced into the solid ebony butt.
                http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Need to see Danam's cue, i think he is mistaken?

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                    It's a shame it turns ugly brown in a few years! Definitely a pretty wood when new though.
                    yep the really defined spanish stuff with the black lines stays ok but the rest as you say goes a bit ugly imho
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

A 3/4 cue has a solid butt, with a short shaft screwed to it, a one piece cue has a full length shaft with splices glued onto it
                      Didn't know that. For some reason I thought they would both be made the same way then a 3/4 would be cut and a joint added. Interesting.

Comment

so the butt is solid, but the main splices had to be made to an full length shaft?

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                          Didn't know that. For some reason I thought they would both be made the same way then a 3/4 would be cut and a joint added. Interesting.
                          some do but most don't
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                            Thought it was common knowledge lol

Originally Posted by svendh View Post
                            so the butt is solid, but the main splices had to be made to an full length shaft?
                            Not quite sure what you are saying ??
                            1) On a 3/4 cue the butt is one solid piece of wood (usually ebony) with any additional splices planed and glued to it. The short shaft has 4 splices of ebony spliced onto it. This is why generally 3/4 cues are heavier than one piece cues because of the solid ebony butt
                            2) On a one piece cue, the ash (or maple) shaft runs the full length of the cue, with the splices planed and glued to it.
                            This is why people tend to believe a one piece cue gives you better "feel" because the shaft runs full length to the fingers without a joint stopping the vibrations etc

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                              some do but most don't
                              Yeah Andy G does make a cue as a one piece, then adds the joint an inch or so above the splices

Comment

somemore pics of ultimate to show opeoople who dont quite understand,,,.

Comment

Working...
                                X