Peradon ebonex maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know lol.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

from what i remember reading its ebony dust and glue mixed together and formed into shape

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
        Joe Davis must be turning in his grave.
        Interesting, but Why? From the man that endorsed an aluminium cue??
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by dave121260 View Post
          I recieved an email back of peradon advising not to sand the butt down and that the butt is a composition resin.
          So folks are paying over a £100 for a cue and the butt isn't even made of real wood.

Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
            So folks are paying over a £100 for a cue and the butt isn't even made of real wood.

Unbelievable.
            and THEN they stick a bit of old cow/pig/buffalo/horse skin on the end of it !!!! Even more unbelievable !!!

jokes apart, don't you think it's amazing that a stick of wood with a bit of skin on the end of it appears to be the best solution for solving the "billiards paradox"? it's a shame Douglas Adams RIP was too busy hitchhiking round the galaxy to consider this conundrum ...

Comment

I love how people will just jump in having no real direct experience with the product and say that it must be painted in spite of the information provided above. I had a machine spliced wizard cue which I'm sure must have had this ebonex material. It's a long story as to why I had to cut 2 inches from the bottom of the butt, but it was way too easy to cut for it to be ebony and had an almost plastic feel when sawing through it. Having said that though it's not really that bad as a material in my opinion. It had an even black colour throughout the material and the local cue maker did a fine job of splicing some Tiger Jarra onto it later on. It looked, played and felt perfectly fine.
              Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Eaoin do you have any pictures of the cue ?

Comment

Sorry no, I gave that one to a mate to look after before moving overseas and never managed to track it down again. The Tiger Jarra was bright red with dark streaks and had a nice texture. It would have been one of the very early Peradon Wizard cues, ordered in 2002 I think.

Comment

That's a shame would have been nice to see how the ebonex took to the splices, would you say it was some sort of nylon / plastic composite?

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      That's a shame would have been nice to see how the ebonex took to the splices, would you say it was some sort of nylon / plastic composite?
                      That's how it seemed when cutting it, but I would say that the ebony/resin composite description sounds about right.

Comment

Working...
                      X