My latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest

Here's my latest cue, made it for a friend who doesn't want it as he has gelled with a cheap one he got to tide him over after selling his Jason Owen.
    I haven't given it an oiled finish as my mate wanted the ash to stay as white as possible, so I applied some dark grain filler and finished the cue with about ten coats of beeswax polish, looks rather nice I think.

specs are

one piece 58 inches long
    18 oz's in weight
    ash shaft with full wenge butt with a maple splice
    9.8mm tip, brass ferrule
    29.3mm diameter butt
    balanced at 16 inches

Kindly drilled and weighted for me by Jim Evans.

looks quite niceSteve

Comment

Nice that Steve .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Looks very nice steve fair play.

Gaz.

Comment

Looks good . Well done

Comment

looks just like a JPU with them splices

nice looking cue.

Comment

I quite like that Vmax, understated but classy, just up my street.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Nearly perfect IMO. Just needs a maple shaft.lol.

Comment

Lovely pattern in that piece of wenge and I like how youve used the same wood to make the final splice over the maple veneer (many would have used a different wood) Looks very classy.
                  "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                    Lovely pattern in that piece of wenge and I like how youve used the same wood to make the final splice over the maple veneer (many would have used a different wood) Looks very classy.
                    It's a bitch of a wood to work with but does indeed have a lovely pattern. Simple is best IMO, after all it's a tool first and foremost. Seems like a firm responsive shaft, straight grain, and has good resonance when I give it a tap with the palm of my hand, but I've put a nice Elk on it and will have a play with it tomorrow to see how it feels.

Comment

Working...
                    X