Snakewood EJR signature cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    agreed one unit you would not bother to order but as to cue length, the standard for many years was based on a players name i have forgotton i imagine andy hunter will remember and it was 56.25 i think!
    Excellent, in that case, Cue 2 is Standard length, and 10.7mm tip, and
    Cue 1 is a quarter inch shorter than standard length.

All offers considered.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
      Excellent, in that case, Cue 2 is Standard length, and 10.7mm tip, and
      Cue 1 is a quarter inch shorter than standard length.

All offers considered.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16893[/ATTACH]
      Thats cheating lol. Bet they still belonged to a scout group Very nice cues tho in their own right.
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
        Thats cheating lol. Bet they still belonged to a scout group Very nice cues tho in their own right.
        I've had both of these cues in my hand and both, in my opinion, are players. Which is not always the case with these.

Comment

Yeah they do actually look like very nice cues. (Just having a bit of banter with Bill) Dont know wether he's including that case in the sale but they do look great as a pair in it.
          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Sorry mate, case has already gone, to the home of a trevor white fanatic. . .

Comment

And is now on it's way to me

Comment

These are two lovely Cues so please dont think i am slating them in anyway as im not as i said they are stunning Cues!.... I personally think these cues were Longer Originally, i know sometimes the weights are alittle bit out but not that much! my personal opinion would be they have been alterd or near tip been damaged Split like alot of old cues i have bought which didnt have ferrules maybe when made originally.

I have also had 100's maybe 1000's of Old Cues thru my hands with Buying/Selling and alot of Re-Tipping and I will say 95% are Longer than 55" and maybe 90% Longer than 56" so i dont think most Old Cues were made that short Unless they were made for Ladies which they made around 54"-55" Long! and too be 100% Honest the Mens Cues were Mostly made approx 57" to 58" Hope this helps.

Gaz.

Specs are :-

cue 1 , 56" long, 8.6mm tip, 31.4mm butt, stamped 17oz and grade 1 shaft (actual 15.5oz ).
                cue 2 , 56.25" long, 10.7mm tip, 30.2mm butt, stamped 16.5oz and grade 1 shaft ( actual 15.3oz ).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16884[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16885[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16886[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  And is now on it's way to me
                  And ther's me thinking he must meen Mr Watt lol.

Comment

Ohh yes, it's already been to his house, i begged it off him lol
                    Edit: it came up for sale on the day of my Birthday, and those pesky relatives came round and stopped me pursuing it at the time, and Andrew snuck in there and bought it
                    Last edited by jrc750; 29 August 2014, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Sorry bill jrc hounded me for the case so gave in eventually.

Comment

What could possibly make you think that I wonder ha ha.

Comment

Look after that case jrc is a stunner.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                            These are two lovely Cues so please dont think i am slating them in anyway as im not as i said they are stunning Cues!.... I personally think these cues were Longer Originally, i know sometimes the weights are alittle bit out but not that much! my personal opinion would be they have been alterd or near tip been damaged Split like alot of old cues i have bought which didnt have ferrules maybe when made originally.

I have also had 100's maybe 1000's of Old Cues thru my hands with Buying/Selling and alot of Re-Tipping and I will say 95% are Longer than 55" and maybe 90% Longer than 56" so i dont think most Old Cues were made that short Unless they were made for Ladies which they made around 54"-55" Long! and too be 100% Honest the Mens Cues were Mostly made approx 57" to 58" Hope this helps.

Gaz.
                            Thanks for not slating them in any way Gazza147.

Why speculate that the cues have been damaged / split, when you've never actually seen them in person ?

Perhaps you think all 12 cues in the auction lot, all from the same house, and all the same length +/- quarter inch,

were all bought longer, split / damaged , then all repaired to the same length ? :upset:

If that's you NOT slating them, please just NOT slate them to yourself. .
                            Last edited by billabong; 29 August 2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Gaz.
                              with the greatest respect you are talking balls! the size of cues from about 1810 to about 1930/35 were based on playing cue of 24 times professional billiard champion edward jonathan kentfield - usually known as jonathan kentfield, his cue was 55.75" long and this was the standard templated cue size until considerably after these cues were made.
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Gaz.
                                How can that possibly help?

Comment

Working...
                                X