No announcement yet.

Snakewood EJR signature cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry let me clear it up alittle.......I didnt mean for it too sound so badly sorry!.... As I said very nice Cues.

I didnt say yours had been damaged 100% may been alterd to suit, but even if they have been damaged near ferrule its very common on very old cues if they didnt have ferrules on in the first place.

Maybe if there was 12 Cues in Auction from same house dont you think the guy has had them alterd which is More than Likely! as i have never seen 12 Old Cues Exactly the same spec or very close to.

Good Luck with the sale and these shouldnt be for sale for long if Thai guys etc who are alittle shorter or even if young kid wants nice cue or cues.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
    Why speculate that the cues have been damaged / split, when you've never actually seen them in person ?

If that's you NOT slating them, please just NOT slate them to yourself. .

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
      Sorry let me clear it up alittle.......I didnt mean for it too sound so badly sorry!.... As I said very nice Cues.

I didnt say yours had been damaged 100% may been alterd to suit, but even if they have been damaged near ferrule its very common on very old cues if they didnt have ferrules on in the first place.

Maybe if there was 12 Cues in Auction from same house dont you think the guy has had them alterd which is More than Likely! as i have never seen 12 Old Cues Exactly the same spec or very close to.Good Luck with the sale and these shouldnt be for sale for long if Thai guys etc who are alittle shorter or even if young kid wants nice cue or cues.

Gaz.
      Have a read at post #11 please. . .

Comment

I dont think so Andrew i think you are too be 100% Honest!........ I have never laughed so much regarding making cues around One Billiard Player and Cues 55"-56"....ha ha

I dont think any Company would Base all there Cues on One Guy andrew! well i know they didnt as i said i have had 100's maybe 1000's of Cues thru my Hands and Not Many at 55"-56" and Tip at 8.6mm would be way to small for Billiards!

Gaz.

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        with the greatest respect you are talking balls! the size of cues from about 1810 to about 1930/35 were based on playing cue of 24 times professional billiard champion edward jonathan kentfield - usually known as jonathan kentfield, his cue was 55.75" long and this was the standard templated cue size until considerably after these cues were made.
        Last edited by gazza147; 29 August 2014, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I dont think so Andrew i think you are too be 100% Honest!

I dont think any Company would Base all there Cues on One Guy andrew! well i know they didnt as i said i have had 100's maybe 1000's of Cues thru my Hands and Not Many at 55"-56" and Tip at 8.6mm would be way to small for Billiards!

Gaz.
          really - i might well have the best part of 1000 in total here right now! - not talking about the 8.6mm i am talking about the length - and it is a fact that not only one company but most were using the same rough template for over a century, maybe you have spent too much time reading cues and views and not enough time looking at the actual cues! if the cue is prior to the second world war it is more likely to be less than 57 than above it.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I dont think so Andrew i think you are too be 100% Honest!

Gaz.
            Once again, you seem to have miss-read the previous posts.

It was the length, and only the length that I thought was as per original order.

Nowhere was the tip ( on the 8.6mm cue ) claimed to be original.

Please read through the posts carefully before posting.

Comment

I dont think so Andrew i think you are too be 100% Honest!........ I have never laughed so much regarding making cues around One Billiard Player and Cues 55"-56"....ha ha

Gaz.
              Strange that you've had 1000's of cues through your hands yet you're always on the look out for a cue on TSF and even then it never seems to match your specs!

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                Strange that you've had 1000's of cues through your hands yet you're always on the look out for a cue on TSF and even then it never seems to match your specs!
                I think the price is a bigger factor than the specs.

Comment

he,s welsh not scottish or are you all the same you lads from hils and valleys lol

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                    he,s welsh not scottish or are you all the same you lads from hils and valleys lol
                    bumps mate, we have hills he has bumps! - waiting for him to ring andy hunter and come back on and say sorry mate you were right.....

Comment

I found this info on J. P. Mannock's 1891 Patent from The Cue Collector (by Gordon Radford and Andy Hunter):

This is a copy of the patent granted to J.P. Mannock in March 1891 for an improved cue for use in playing billiards, pyramids and like games. The patent reveals a lot, not only about Mannock's cue, but also about what cues were ordinarily like in 1891.

Mannock's 1891 patented cue was described as 4' 7½" (55½ inches) in length, so as to make it more suitable for masse strokes. Interestingly, this was also the length of the cue used by the first recognised champion of English billiards, Jonathon Kentfield. It was the recognised length of cues up until the 1920s.

Link:http://www.thecuecollector.com/JPMannocksPatent.html
                      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        bumps mate, we have hills he has bumps!
                        actually ADR, I think you lot north of the border have Munros whilst Wales and the rest of us in Great Britain and Ireland have Furths ...

according to Wikipedia, you've got 282 Munros and we've got 34 Furths http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_o..._British_Isles

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                          I found this info on J. P. Mannock's 1891 Patent from The Cue Collector (by Gordon Radford and Andy Hunter):

This is a copy of the patent granted to J.P. Mannock in March 1891 for an improved cue for use in playing billiards, pyramids and like games. The patent reveals a lot, not only about Mannock's cue, but also about what cues were ordinarily like in 1891.

Mannock's 1891 patented cue was described as 4' 7½" (55½ inches) in length, so as to make it more suitable for masse strokes. Interestingly, this was also the length of the cue used by the first recognised champion of English billiards, Jonathon Kentfield. It was the recognised length of cues up until the 1920s.

Link:http://www.thecuecollector.com/JPMannocksPatent.html
                          you are quoting what i already know although i would argue until the 1930's - ! i am waiting for the great gazza to speak!

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                            actually ADR, I think you lot north of the border have Munros whilst Wales and the rest of us in Great Britain and Ireland have Furths ...

according to Wikipedia, you've got 282 Munros and we've got 34 Furths http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_o..._British_Isles
                            as i said we have hills you have bumps!

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post

You learn something everyday
                              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                                You learn something everyday
                                lol i can see 34 from my house!

Comment

Working...
                                X