No announcement yet.

Middle finger grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep I agree with that Vmax, I don't think it's about fiddling with grips, it's just doing things better, like not tightening it, this seems to choke off all the cues natural power, and can pull it off line.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
      Yes.. But by gripping with the index finger.. There is more opening of the back three fingers as opposed to opening of two fingers in the middle finger grip.. And that adds to the extra follow through....?
      Blue with top & right is such a timing / rhythm / follow thru shot, round three cush / baulk & back to pink.
      You said you just changed to the middle finger grip... So, maybe give it some more time?
      BTW must feel good to get more consistent.
      "I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." :snooker:

Success With Style : Muhammed Ali, Bjorn Borg, Magic Johnson, Mats Wilander, Michael Jackson, Stefan Edberg.

Comment

Here is what I'm talking about.. Trying the middle finger grip for that day.. May have hit the blue a bit on the hard side but it was a slowish cloth..

Training:

http://youtu.be/56d2RPhC-J0

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
          Here is what I'm talking about.. Trying the middle finger grip for that day.. May have hit the blue a bit on the hard side but it was a slowish cloth..
          Training: http://youtu.be/56d2RPhC-J0
          Sorry, dont follow you: Are you now saying with middle finger grip, you are now able to go up and down off the blue? So you are ok now? Of course you know how more difficult this shot is with the three baulk colours on their spots.
          "I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." :snooker:

Success With Style : Muhammed Ali, Bjorn Borg, Magic Johnson, Mats Wilander, Michael Jackson, Stefan Edberg.

Comment

I've can go up and through baulk using both grips.. But previously didn't manage any where near as much reaction as I did in the video using middle finger and really struggled to get any flow. May just be a case of playing more with it but it does feel more secure

Comment

just keep it firm. a good grip should not be tight or too loose.

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeTheBigMonster View Post
                just keep it firm. a good grip should not be tight or too loose.
                I have heard it is like holding a bird. Not too tight or you will kill it, not too loose or it will fly away.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
                X