New additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New additions

A bit of ebay activity this morning involving one interesting cue that I had seen that was 'collection only' meaning that I had to check what else the seller had listing resulted in me bidding and winning all six cues. Well if you are going there anyway

A short trip up the motorway this afternoon to collect and I was greeted by a lovely chap called Dave who told me that these were his father-in-laws cues that he has sold because he is no longer able to play due to the limitations of being 84 years old. I am a sucker for a good story and began asking questions and finding out how 'Jerry' was a cabinet maker who had lived and played snooker and billiards around west London for years and had used his craft to build a case and to produce a couple of mini butts for his cues. Sounds like a really great chap who I wished was there to tell me more about the cues and the stories related to them.

So what I collected was.....

A 3/4 jointed Burroughes & Watts custom made cue complete with personalised name plate. Now I am sure that I have seen this distinctive design before from B&W and it may have formed part of their custom catalogue. The cue came housed in a lovely handmade wooden case personalised with a name plaque.

A 3/4 jointed Cue Craft Monarch cue with telescopic extension and complete with a blue Peradon leather case.

An old vinyl covered 1 piece box case with a machine spliced one piece Burroughes and Watts cue and a hand spliced Burroughes & Watts cue that had been jointed afterwards above the splices.

Another vinyl covered case for centre jointed cues housing a centre jointed machine spliced The Riley Cue and a hand spliced centre jointed Riley Burwat cue.

Bundled with these was two hand crafted minibutts and a telescopic extension........oh and a box of chalk.

Overall I did alright on these items but best of all I love the stories, the care Jerry had taken over his beloved cues and the fun and enjoyment he got out of these over the years. Maybe one day somebody will be saying the same as they clear themselves of my legacy of old bits of wood :snooker:

A few pics....

On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Looks like a good score. A matter of being in the right place at the right time. Good on you.
    The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Working...
    X