Non of you buying this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non of you buying this?

You lot saving your money? 2 Robert Osbournes on ebay. here's one of them for those who have got a couple of quid spare http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Handmade-R...#ht_407wt_1197
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
    You lot saving your money? 2 Robert Osbournes on ebay. here's one of them for those who have got a couple of quid spare http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Handmade-R...#ht_407wt_1197
    Why spend £1500 when you can collect one from his shop for £350

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
      Why spend £1500 when you can collect one from his shop for £350
      Is that all he's charging these days?
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
        Is that all he's charging these days?
        Yep before the Chinese agents collect them he'll be quite happy to sort one out

Comment

£350 for what Leo?

Only a Plain black ebony redplate i would think . You won't get anything with splices at that price . Especially Greenplates .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            £350 for what Leo?

Only a Plain black ebony redplate i would think . You won't get anything with splices at that price . Especially Greenplates .
            was thinking that - you won't get much from rob for £350 !
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Paid twice that for a Mannock style Greenplate .........but £1500 is a little too much
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

£500 is the price for a plain ebony butt Greenplate

Comment

Hmmm...when I clicked on the link I checked the 'also viewed' and there were two other green plates, one at 999 and one at 850 (round butt). The 850 one had a certificate which I think was dated the same as the one in this string and to my mind it was a much better looking cue.

Still, I think popping around to his workshop and getting one picked out for 500 makes a lot more sense to me (if I lived in the UK and was dying for an Osborne that is).

Terry
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                    Hmmm...when I clicked on the link I checked the 'also viewed' and there were two other green plates, one at 999 and one at 850 (round butt). The 850 one had a certificate which I think was dated the same as the one in this string and to my mind it was a much better looking cue.

Still, I think popping around to his workshop and getting one picked out for 500 makes a lot more sense to me (if I lived in the UK and was dying for an Osborne that is).

Terry
                    accept he won't have one!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      accept he won't have one!
                      Oh I think for me he would if I timed it right. But it doesn't matter as I won't be in the UK for a long time as all my dosh is going towards Bangalore in November. No money for cues anyway, even from you Andrew

Terry
                      Terry Davidson

Comment

Oh I think for me he would if I timed it right. But it doesn't matter as I won't be in the UK for a long time as all my dosh is going towards Bangalore in November. No money for cues anyway, even from you Andrew

Terry
                        sounds like a serious trip!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          sounds like a serious trip!
                          Representing Canada in the IBSF World Snooker Champs - Masters Division, Nov 18-29. Made the semis of the Canadian Champs in June so I qualified but no word on expense money as yet as usually only the winner gets some expense money.

Now you could sponsor me and write it off as a business expense against taxes. How does that sound? Of course there will be Scottish players there too but I believe they get expenses from the Association but us poor colonials don't have a big enough snooker fraternity and of course I'm no Junior (but close though.

Terry
                          Terry Davidson

Comment

Representing Canada in the IBSF World Snooker Champs - Masters Division, Nov 18-29. Made the semis of the Canadian Champs in June so I qualified but no word on expense money as yet as usually only the winner gets some expense money.

Now you could sponsor me and write it off as a business expense against taxes. How does that sound? Of course there will be Scottish players there too but I believe they get expenses from the Association but us poor colonials don't have a big enough snooker fraternity and of course I'm no Junior (but close though.

Terry
                            lol i know a few players saving up for it.

Comment

Apologies it's the red plate that is £350 not the green plate.

Comment

Working...
                              X