No announcement yet.

would you accept this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes if its gonna be full price then Obviously your not gonna be happy nor anybody else would, but if they are willing to give you a discount then its only you who can decide if your happy with it.

Gaz.

Comment

It's not a panel you'd use on the front of a sofa in the UK but on a cue case I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find it as a fault, if you want a replacement, you're relying on a gesture of goodwill.

Certainly, in this age of internet communication and free publicity good and bad, goodwill gestures are more frequent than they used to be.

Comment

Depending on how bad it its, I can take over if that is too much for you to accept, of course at a discount

Comment

As long as the surface layer isn't removed ( which it doesn't look as if it is ), I prefer leather with a bit of character.

Like the imperfect chevrons on some cues, it's made from a living thing ( well, it used to be ). It's gonna be non-uniform.

Man made material used in imitation leather ones should of course be perfect. .
          Last edited by billabong; 3 September 2014, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
            Yes if its gonna be full price then Obviously your not gonna be happy nor anybody else would, but if they are willing to give you a discount then its only you who can decide if your happy with it.

Gaz.
            nope. no discount given. just my luck plus i am tired of waiting for replies and stuff like that. and they are busy with the 6 red competition and reply is much much slower then before

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
              As long as the surface layer isn't removed ( which it doesn't look as if it is ), I prefer leather with a bit of character.

Like the imperfect chevrons on some cues, it's made from a living thing ( well, it used to be ). It's gonna be non-uniform.

Man made material used in imitation leather ones should of course be perfect. .
              that would be a positive way of looking at the situation now. but its a bit sad to see that it is so nice at the top part and suddenly bam!! 2 white line.

Comment

Originally Posted by tofushop193 View Post
                that would be a positive way of looking at the situation now. but its a bit sad to see that it is so nice at the top part and suddenly bam!! 2 white line.
                Why not just cancel order since its not up to your expectations? Technically there's a flaw with the case and if no discount is given, I don't see why I would wanna accept it.

Comment

Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
                  Why not just cancel order since its not up to your expectations? Technically there's a flaw with the case and if no discount is given, I don't see why I would wanna accept it.
                  The case had been paid for to start order. They are having the upper hand now. And they insist that its not a flaw. If i would to cancel it then it will take some time i guess. And i am.really tired of waitinf for their replies. Its very long.

I mean yes they are busy with the red 6 but normally they took quite a while for replies too. And not about the price either. I can get a single tip from adr or get something worth 2.5 pound from dave of master craft. They still gave me replies very fast

Comment

The case had been paid for to start order. They are having the upper hand now. And they insist that its not a flaw. If i would to cancel it then it will take some time i guess. And i am.really tired of waitinf for their replies. Its very long.

I mean yes they are busy with the red 6 but normally they took quite a while for replies too. And not about the price either. I can get a single tip from adr or get something worth 2.5 pound from dave of master craft. They still gave me replies very fast
                    I remember some replying here stating that Maximus's english ain't that good.

I understand the issue but you're the customer. If there is a flaw, I feel you shouldn't "wei qu" yourself and accept it. You're the one paying the money, not the maker. Although its not always cash is king or customer is always right but from the picture you've attached, it seems like a flaw in the leather.

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
                      Would need better pictures to know if it's acceptable. If it's scarring or hide from the neck or belly of the beast, technically it's no fault.
                      I can feel one of those dreadful Harry Hill moments coming up here. . .

Comment

the pic looks like the leather has been stored folded for a while, you do get this with leather, I personally wouldn't of used this on a single colour case,it would of been used for a patchwork or multi colour where I can cut it out, antique leather or distressed leather has this through out the full hide and looks great on a case,but with there being just those two lines on the case it would spoil the look of it, at the end of the day your not happy with it so tell him so. he sent you the pics of the lines so he cant be happy with it himself or he would of just sent you the case. but what do I know I only make them part time lol

Comment

The maker insist that it is not a defect. Actually she sent me the pic of the case quite happily accepting that it is of acceptable quality. Well just my luck. Anyway i accepted the case and i have received it. And the quality wasnt good. The corners looks like the case is a second hand case. Few scratches around. Wasnt polish evenly. The brass fittings looks like it had watermarks. Dots of brownish stuff.

Actually i wanted to order a cue with them but now i don't know if i should.

Comment

The maker insist that it is not a defect. Actually she sent me the pic of the case quite happily accepting that it is of acceptable quality. Well just my luck. Anyway i accepted the case and i have received it. And the quality wasnt good. The corners looks like the case is a second hand case. Few scratches around. Wasnt polish evenly. The brass fittings looks like it had watermarks. Dots of brownish stuff.

Actually i wanted to order a cue with them but now i don't know if i should.
                            Any pictures of it?

Comment

Any pictures of it?
                              Pic in first post??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Pic in first post??
                                As in the updated one with TS now.

Comment

Working...
                                X