<

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Snooker Challenge

This is TheMaverick's Country Flag

vCash

Default Snooker Challenge

I have a serious question. All through my life I have set myself challenges to give me something to aim for. Whether in another sport or business.

This month I will complete the sale of a business and am very fortunate that I will not need to work for a while. I am looking to set myself a challenge and have thought about a snooker one.

I have not played for 10 years and when younger my highest break was 25. Not astounding. I am 40 now and have came up with an idea. I am from Glasgow and have access to a very good club. The one John Higgins practices at.

My challenge is within that year play and practice every single day and read as many books, find a coach and watch as many DVDs as possible. The aim is within that year achieve a 147.

What do you think my chances are in all seriousness???

This is spike's Country Flag

vCash

Your aim to achieve a 147 in practise or in a match??

Big difference..
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    Your aim to achieve a 147 in practise or in a match??

Big difference..
    Practice. Too many variables in a match but who knows with progress. Either way I don't see it being easy

This is cueball22's Country Flag

vCash

Just wondering how much you played when you got your 25, because I think your gnona need some real natural talent to get a 147 in a year.

I think you should set your sights a bit lower, maybe try for a century in the year then build on that if you manage it.

This is Bigmeek's Country Flag

vCash

Certainly not easy and my first thoughts are its too difficult. May be better to start with something a bit easier and build up. Possibly start with beating your lifetimes best of 25 then aim for a 50. A fifty is a good target for an amateur. If you can hit a century within say six months then maybe you can turn your attention to a 147. Good idea to get some lessons.
    PS My thoughts are those of someone who has played for nearly 50 years and have yet to get a 50 break! Just ain't got it. lol.

This is jrc750's Country Flag

vCash

Your almost starting from scratch then, wish you all the luck but i would say chances are not high lol.
    Maybe a 147 doing line up would be possible, but normal balls spread about is so much harder, i can't see it myself , sorry
    Prove me wrong tho, come on here with regular updates please.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
    Certainly not easy and my first thoughts are its too difficult. May be better to start with something a bit easier and build up. Possibly start with beating your lifetimes best of 25 then aim for a 50. A fifty is a good target for an amateur. If you can hit a century within say six months then maybe you can turn your attention to a 147. Good idea to get some lessons.
    PS My thoughts are those of someone who has played for nearly 50 years and have yet to get a 50 break! Just ain't got it. lol.
    I am like a dog with a bone and will have a lot of free time. My wife runs her business so effectively I will treat it like a full time job and play 7 hours a day. My first aim is to set myself those challenges and 25 will be the first, then 50, 75, 100 and then the 147.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cueball22 View Post
    Just wondering how much you played when you got your 25, because I think your gnona need some real natural talent to get a 147 in a year.

I think you should set your sights a bit lower, maybe try for a century in the year then build on that if you manage it.
    I was 19/20 I think. No half measures. I'm going for the 147 ha ha

This is mick 142's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
    I have a serious question. All through my life I have set myself challenges to give me something to aim for. Whether in another sport or business.

This month I will complete the sale of a business and am very fortunate that I will not need to work for a while. I am looking to set myself a challenge and have thought about a snooker one.

I have not played for 10 years and when younger my highest break was 25. Not astounding. I am 40 now and have came up with an idea. I am from Glasgow and have access to a very good club. The one John Higgins practices at.

My challenge is within that year play and practice every single day and read as many books, find a coach and watch as many DVDs as possible. The aim is within that year achieve a 147.

No chance.

This is mick 142's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post

No chance.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast