Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hypnotherapy

This is DWOT's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sport Focus View Post
    A quick way of explaining it is that as we grow and experience things we may take on certain beliefs like if you reqognise that last time you was in a certain position in a match you went on to lose it that the same is going to happen again.
    Funny you should say that, I lost 2 black ball frames this week and it wasn't until it got down to that stage that I suddenly got super tense, twitched on shots and had no confidence at all that I was going to win them, up til those momments I was fully focussed and full of self belief...

I lost about 7 matches last season on black balls and I know full well that played a huge part in what happened to me this week, fully twitched on a pink to win one match, missed the cut back by a good foot! and then with the pink over the bag and the black not to far away ( a shot that required a simple tap in on the pink to leave a pretty simple cut to the other middle pocket on the black.) in the other I had absolutely no confidence what so ever that I could play that shot without missing the pink so played something else (not sure what as I just remember telling myself to just make sure of potting the pink.) and was left with a long straight black into the yellow pocket which I duly missed by a mile....

Really need some therapy to change that!
    One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

This is Sport Focus's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DWOT View Post
    Funny you should say that, I lost 2 black ball frames this week and it wasn't until it got down to that stage that I suddenly got super tense, twitched on shots and had no confidence at all that I was going to win them, up til those momments I was fully focussed and full of self belief...

I lost about 7 matches last season on black balls and I know full well that played a huge part in what happened to me this week, fully twitched on a pink to win one match, missed the cut back by a good foot! and then with the pink over the bag and the black not to far away ( a shot that required a simple tap in on the pink to leave a pretty simple cut to the other middle pocket on the black.) in the other I had absolutely no confidence what so ever that I could play that shot without missing the pink so played something else (not sure what as I just remember telling myself to just make sure of potting the pink.) and was left with a long straight black into the yellow pocket which I duly missed by a mile....

Really need some therapy to change that!
    Therapy can be a bit of a scary word that without understanding what its about can worry a lot of people, its an easier phrase to use as people relate to looking at problems as therapy. although ive used it i acctualy like to take all of that stuff away and describe it to start with as a relaxed chat about whats going on. basicly the way that i have changed things to fit in with the sport is really that we just talk about what is going on and then talk about ways to help. by the end of a first meeting players find that there confidence is raised and that they have gained something from it. Ive seen another post about someone using a CD that they have to listen to over a period of time, these CD's are good but it can take longer to gain any thing out of them

This is hotpot's Country Flag

vCash
    Items for Sale

Same goes for me , i,ve lost some real tight finishes to excellent players and looking back and reflecting on them i believe it was me who lost them rather than my opponents play winning them .

I am conscious of that feeling now and try and gee muself up rather than bottling it so to speak .

I,m a great believer that the frame of mind your in has a great bearing on your performances .

vCash

This is a long shot, but I have been trying to find that recording for a while now. I bought it on cassette in 1997. I would be willing to paypal you a few quid for an mp3.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
    Same goes for me , i,ve lost some real tight finishes to excellent players and looking back and reflecting on them i believe it was me who lost them rather than my opponents play winning them .

I am conscious of that feeling now and try and gee muself up rather than bottling it so to speak .

I,m a great believer that the frame of mind your in has a great bearing on your performances .
    Dear hotpot ,

I just went to open this thread bcuz i saw our fellow member Darragh's replay to this thread and so i see one of your excellent posts again.
    Just wanted to say, No one has forgotten you. (your kindness/great knowledge and such a excellent posts).
    Think about you every time i log in here .
    Rest in peace , Dear friend !!

[IMG][/IMG]

This is GeordieDS's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Darragh View Post
    This is a long shot, but I have been trying to find that recording for a while now. I bought it on cassette in 1997. I would be willing to paypal you a few quid for an mp3.
    What recording?
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

vCash

It is a recording by Paul McKenna called sensational snooker. I used it about 20 years ago on cassette, and it actually did wonders for me. I can't find it anywhere, and I would love to get my hands on it again. I tried contacting McKenna but they didn't reply.

This is Drac's Country Flag

vCash

Look into my eyes, into my eyes not around my eyes but into my eyes 321 your under....... now you will play all your shots centre ball if you wish, you will play all your shots with a touch of side if you wish, you will have total command of your cue ball if you wish......Now I'm going to slowly count up to three and you will awake a new much improved player....123 your back in the room..... fifty pounds please. Hope that helps give the money to charity.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2