Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hypnotherapy

This is Belloz22's Country Flag

vCash

Default Hypnotherapy

Has anyone tried hypnotherapy to improve there snooker and confidence levels? And if so, what were the results ?

This is Strickimicki's Country Flag

vCash

No, but it sounds very interesting!
    Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

This is CoachGavin's Country Flag

vCash

I have used some of the skills in Neuro Linguistic Programming in my snooker and i incorporate it in my pupils mental attitudes. Personally i have had some great results and find that it can give a great deal of confidence and belief to someones game.
    coaching is not just for the pros
    www.121snookercoaching.com

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CoachGavin View Post
    I have used some of the skills in Neuro Linguistic Programming in my snooker and i incorporate it in my pupils mental attitudes. Personally i have had some great results and find that it can give a great deal of confidence and belief to someones game.
    oooooooooo check you out 'neuro linguistic programming'

Bet you say this to all the girls too. Actually serious now but can you tell me what these words are and can you secretly hypnotise someone to say.. do the cleaning up after themselves?

This is cazmac1's Country Flag

vCash

I play a great game when I'm asleep, shame I have to get up a go to work in the morning

This is Belloz22's Country Flag

vCash

The reasons I ask if Im contemplating goin to see a hypnotherapist to improve my confidence. Iv seen many coaches, and they have all said my technique is very good, and none of them can undersrand my inconsistences sayin tht I shud b makin regular 40plus breaks. The thing is I no my problem lies in my self belief, I have no trust or confidence in myself, which then causes doubts, even after only 5mins of play. Worst of all tho it causes me to become tense and then my technique suffers. Do you think hypnotherapy cud improve my confidence ?

This is jrc750's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 1blonde View Post
    .... and can you secretly hypnotise someone to say.. do the cleaning up after themselves?
    No need to do that Blondie, just take away his "privileges"

vCash

I tried a Paul McKenna self hypnosis CD about 6 years ago and I noticed a big difference in my clarity of thought when playing. I felt the cue in my hand, noticed the click of the balls and the stillness of the balls in between shots. I felt I had all the time in the world to play shots. At the time I was working nights and was using the CD to help me have a nap on my break rather than improve my snooker. I booked a days holiday a went for a game with a friend and I made a 134 (personal best - by a mile!) in the second frame. I have never played quite as well as I did that day but I still use the CD (now on my MP3) from time to time. I think it can now be down loaded in MP3 format from McKenna's web site for free and I would recommend giving it a go.

This is cantpotforshíte's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    No need to do that Blondie, just take away his "privileges"
    Sounds like she already has if he's not "cleaning up after himself"

This is Sport Focus's Country Flag

vCash

Neuro Linguistic Programming is used a lot in my work too that i have addapted to help a number of players and sports people its not hypnotherapy. I use NLP and several other ways to help someone to look at a number of issues. Its a far more natural way of improving such things as confidence and issues with nerves. Neuro Linguistic Programming is using techniques to change the way that we may think about something. A quick way of explaining it is that as we grow and experience things we may take on certain beliefs like if you reqognise that last time you was in a certain position in a match you went on to lose it that the same is going to happen again. Its changing such a thought that it may feel the same but the result will be different this time around.
    It puts you in a far more positive position and as its a more natural way of working it is far more longer lasting.

ive found that it works best when put together with a group of other therapies rather than just using it on its own, like any thing its something that a player has to npractice and they have to realise that its something that they have to continue to work on.

http://www.mattandrewsmentoring.org/...onfidence.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast