Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: best cue action?

This is Harry Hossack's Country Flag

vCash

Default best cue action?

hi everyone,
    just interested to hear who you think has the best cue action of all time? i would go with shaun murphy. and also, do you think a flowing cue action like murphys' is better than a more compact cue action, like ding?
    harry.

This is Jake O'Sullivan's Country Flag

vCash

Default best cue action?

Stephen Lee has beautiful cue action, but I reckon everything about Mark Selby is perfect!

This is lennon11's Country Flag

vCash

people always say murphy,ding,lee,stevens,judd.....but most never mention ronnie..too obvious maybe?
    H.b.142

This is Dave Walton's Country Flag

vCash

Best cue action of all time goes to Steve Davis, his was text book perfect. Now its Shaun Murphy or Stephen Lee. No one mentions Ronnie because his cue action is unusual his shoulder moves not just his elbow. Ronnie has got the best timing I've ever seen though, the amount of spin he generates for how soft he strikes the cue ball is amazing.

This is ADR147's Country Flag

vCash
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
    Best cue action of all time goes to Steve Davis, his was text book perfect. Now its Shaun Murphy or Stephen Lee. No one mentions Ronnie because his cue action is unusual his shoulder moves not just his elbow. Ronnie has got the best timing I've ever seen though, the amount of spin he generates for how soft he strikes the cue ball is amazing.
    yes those two plus john higgins maybe for a more compact style.

This is CoachGavin's Country Flag

vCash

Again murphy must be up there. Cues so straight and also gets so much action on the white with little effort. Hendry in his prime was also good. Ronnie does have amazing timing but for me his technique uses a bit too much shoulder.
    coaching is not just for the pros
    www.121snookercoaching.com

vCash
    Items for Sale

Default best cue action?

Managed to watch steven lee and Tom ford at an exhibition in hong long and Steven lees cue action was beautifully smooth.. Non chalantly knocked in a century..

This is Particle Physics's Country Flag

vCash

Hmmm, a lot of guys have very smooth actions, but the most 147s and centuries in tournaments belong to Ronnie and Hendry. That says a lot. Davis is technically correct, as is Selby, but they lack a bit of the finesse and soft hands of other players. Best cue action depends on criteria. If I could have one action, it would be Jimmy Whites; I love his clock-face approach and the spin he developed in the 80s and 90s is more than anyone has ever developed since, with the exception of Judd. Back then, they were playing with heavier cloths. His cue action is so easy on the eye, and yet so potent. He just slipped right through the ball, like it was attached to the tip. Beautiful.

This is sprogbasket's Country Flag

vCash

I have to agree with particle physics - Jimmy White and would add Mark Williams they address the ball low on first approach and have a deceptively effortless cue action that has finesse and beautiful touch. They have cue actions I simply enjoy to watch and have tried to emulate.

In terms of text book actions then have to agree with Stephen Lee and Steve Davis. For fluency and flair in cue action then Shaun Murphy and Ronnie... I used to love Peter Ebdon's old cue action that was fluent and smooth also...strange how no one has yet mentioned Dave Harold- talk about economy of movement !

This is sprogbasket's Country Flag

vCash

John Higgins is also worth a mention for his cue action can move the white anywhere with minimal effort.
    Last edited by sprogbasket; 27th May 2012 at 06:59 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast