Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: John Parris Cues - ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL BUYERS

This is d2xed's Country Flag

vCash

I am with the majority here, not John Parris fault at all. How does he even know how much tax each country charges.

As for delivery time, mine came within 3 days. Best of all, its a cracking cue.

vCash

This sounds horrendous....Myself, I live in Finland and I am thinking of buying a one piece cue from the UK and shipping it here. Does this mean I will get these ridiculous fees on my cue too?? I would hate to buy a cue for like 250-300£ and end up paying as much for it as an ultimate or something....I wonder how I can find out if this would happen to me too..

This is crispian jones's Country Flag

vCash

The problem with putting a low value on the item when posting is the insurance ? if it is declared at £100 and gets broken then the £100 value would be noticed when you put in a claim for £700 !
    Basically one way or another they have you buy the balls

vCash

I believe it's UPS here who are the problem and they should be avoided.

A while ago I purchased a 3/4 cue from Hong Kong to use as an extension cue and half butt and it cost £59 including free postage from HK, sometimes their cues are advertised as +£9 p&p - either way they post from HK to the UK in an aluminium case, 3/4 cue plus 2 extensions for £59 including postage - silly cheap money.

Another reason I think it's UPS is longer back I bought some electronics from China and opted for standard postage as it was a small parcel and it arrived like the cue in a few days, I told someone what I had bought and they purchased the same but opted for 'faster' UPS delivery and it took longer and incurred these extra charges that you have even though it was a low cost item and they were threatened with debt recovery action if they weren't paid - I believe UPS are almost scamming money here.

Also, check eBay for other cue sellers delivery charges abroad, it can be done without incurring these extras and I will be avoiding UPS for a cue I'm getting from SA. Once UPS have you for charges though I think you're screwed for them, surprised other JP customers haven't raised this before?

This is Deepscrew's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by thienyo12 View Post
    its a 3pc, handling fee should already in incorporated in the purchasing cost when dealing with Parris.
    That just rubbish im afraid and not how the world works.

You've been caught out by not doing your own research. Not JP's fault at all. He just made you a cue and shipped it to where you wanted it.
    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

This is cueman's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
    That just rubbish im afraid and not how the world works.

You've been caught out by not doing your own research. Not JP's fault at all. He just made you a cue and shipped it to where you wanted it.
    I'll add my 2p worth here. You are only paying what we in the UK would pay for a cue made by JP, only you are getting it minus the VAT. So your cue was probably for the sake of argument £500 odd and you've had to pay your own country's tax on top of that. So really speaking the only extra you have paid for is shipping but then £60 to Australia, given the current economic climate is pretty good IMO.

This is mrbluejay's Country Flag

vCash

Whilst I agree with the main points of it being buyer beware on these things, it appears UPS are an issue here. I sent an item via Parcel Hero and the delay at the destination end (Malaysia) was massive, also the costs imposed to the buyer were not great either.

This is grimreaper's Country Flag

vCash

I have brought several cues from the UK and only once have i been charged for quarantine fees off around $70 AU. Its just luck of the draw. If the cue was over $1000 AU you have to pay 10% gst.

vCash

I think Sunny has a good idea here.. you can request for a low value declaration by Parris, so that you won’t have to pay any custom duty on it… but it is risky, as sunny mentioned, so you can ask the merchant to keep a track of your parcel while it is with the courier company..

This is Chris Bedford's Country Flag

vCash

Default John Parris Cues - ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL BUYERS

I've had similar problems when I buy international from USA etc get stung on import duties. Way round it if you can is to get it sent as a gift. I'm afraid you needed to look into this before you ordered. Take it as a lesson but get the cue play with it and your be glad you got your cue.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast