Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: John Parris Cues - ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL BUYERS

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alma, Ontario, CANADA
    This is Terry Davidson's Country Flag

    Posts
    7,445
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    I agree with sunny and that's what I ask the seller to do all the time. With UPS I still get hit with around 25% customs duty, taxes plus the UPS Admin fee but that 25% is a lot less on a cue valued at say 75GBP or similar.

    I think it's a bit naive to expect a cue seller to make his buyers aware of import charges on a cue he sells as he would have to research every country in the world so he could inform his customers and I doubt any one of them is up to doing that.

    Terry

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Posts
    90
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Lol we pay tax in uk so why shouldnt you pay. Price for the cue dosnt include VAT(tax) for none EU members thats why they introduce custom clearance and any item shipped to the none eu country has to be declared and priced. Only way to avoid tax if John Parris agrees to send his cues as a gift and declare low value. Personally i cant see it happening.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    This is poona's Country Flag

    Posts
    431
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Sometimes watch a program on PickTV on freeview (border control) and it shows dealings with customs from both UK and OZ. Have to say the OZ customs folk are strict as f##k and this is only for passengers at airports. You'd have done better to get a 'friend' to pay for cue at Johns, have it delivered to their UK address and then they forward on to your OZ address marked 'Gift'...

    Disclaimer - This is only an idea of course as I would never advocate tax evasion.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    This is ongkia's Country Flag

    Posts
    206
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
    The only way to avoid custom duty is to request the cue merchant to declare low value for the cue say 100 pounds or less in the invoice then you won't be charged any custom duty.
    The only risk with that is that if the cue gets lost or damaged then courier company will be liable for only the declared value in the invoice.
    But 99.9 of the times your parcel is safe with the big names like DHL,Fedex,UPS,TNT.

    I got several cues from abroad and used the above method and didn't have to pay any custom duty.

    Hope that helps!

    Couldn't agree with you more! I've got JP & TW cues that came in earlier for me n I had declared a much lower value on the invoice. So they were not taxed at all. But if they were declared at their actual value, then I'd have to pay quite a bit of tax. While using couriers like UPS, FedEx, DHL should ensure safe delivery.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    montreal quebec
    This is the montrealer's Country Flag

    Posts
    1,144
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    HI I have bought a lot of cues from the Uk mostly used cues this is what i do i tell the seller to show as gift and low value repaired cue and most of the time i do not have to pay customs fees

    H if the item gets lost or damaged you are only insured for the value of the cue that seller puts it most of the times your cue arrives safely. Also you tell person that is sending you the cue to give you Tracking Number so that you can Track your item hope this helps

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Posts
    90
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poona View Post
    Sometimes watch a program on PickTV on freeview (border control) and it shows dealings with customs from both UK and OZ. Have to say the OZ customs folk are strict as f##k and this is only for passengers at airports. You'd have done better to get a 'friend' to pay for cue at Johns, have it delivered to their UK address and then they forward on to your OZ address marked 'Gift'...

    Disclaimer - This is only an idea of course as I would never advocate tax evasion.
    If you pay in the uk John parris will ad VAT.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    This is ADR147's Country Flag

    Posts
    16,208
    vCash
    900
    Items for Sale

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
    The only way to avoid custom duty is to request the cue merchant to declare low value for the cue say 100 pounds or less in the invoice then you won't be charged any custom duty.
    The only risk with that is that if the cue gets lost or damaged then courier company will be liable for only the declared value in the invoice.
    But 99.9 of the times your parcel is safe with the big names like DHL,Fedex,UPS,TNT.

    I got several cues from abroad and used the above method and didn't have to pay any custom duty.

    Hope that helps!
    99.9% my arse! mate i had them lose nearly 3k in a single month!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    This is ADR147's Country Flag

    Posts
    16,208
    vCash
    900
    Items for Sale

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poona View Post
    Sometimes watch a program on PickTV on freeview (border control) and it shows dealings with customs from both UK and OZ. Have to say the OZ customs folk are strict as f##k and this is only for passengers at airports. You'd have done better to get a 'friend' to pay for cue at Johns, have it delivered to their UK address and then they forward on to your OZ address marked 'Gift'...

    Disclaimer - This is only an idea of course as I would never advocate tax evasion.
    i do this a lot - it is perfectly legal for somebody to buy a cue send it to me and for me to send it on - it is then second hand and the value is debatable. i usually retip them and send it on as repaired cue when it is to oz, after all i am not aware of whether or not the cue is new and since my job is to repair the tip it's not up to me to check.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ottawa
    This is snookerbum's Country Flag

    Posts
    53
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    am fine with that!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    chesterfield
    This is prince07799's Country Flag

    Posts
    411
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    99.9% my arse! mate i had them lose nearly 3k in a single month!
    How do make your cash because lookin on here you lose sh*t loads, and its not your fault but it must be hard to lose this sort of money and make a living

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •