Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: John Parris Cues - ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL BUYERS

This is Terry Davidson's Country Flag

vCash

I agree with sunny and that's what I ask the seller to do all the time. With UPS I still get hit with around 25% customs duty, taxes plus the UPS Admin fee but that 25% is a lot less on a cue valued at say 75GBP or similar.

I think it's a bit naive to expect a cue seller to make his buyers aware of import charges on a cue he sells as he would have to research every country in the world so he could inform his customers and I doubt any one of them is up to doing that.

Terry

vCash

Lol we pay tax in uk so why shouldnt you pay. Price for the cue dosnt include VAT(tax) for none EU members thats why they introduce custom clearance and any item shipped to the none eu country has to be declared and priced. Only way to avoid tax if John Parris agrees to send his cues as a gift and declare low value. Personally i cant see it happening.

This is poona's Country Flag

vCash

Sometimes watch a program on PickTV on freeview (border control) and it shows dealings with customs from both UK and OZ. Have to say the OZ customs folk are strict as f##k and this is only for passengers at airports. You'd have done better to get a 'friend' to pay for cue at Johns, have it delivered to their UK address and then they forward on to your OZ address marked 'Gift'...

Disclaimer - This is only an idea of course as I would never advocate tax evasion.

This is ongkia's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
    The only way to avoid custom duty is to request the cue merchant to declare low value for the cue say 100 pounds or less in the invoice then you won't be charged any custom duty.
    The only risk with that is that if the cue gets lost or damaged then courier company will be liable for only the declared value in the invoice.
    But 99.9 of the times your parcel is safe with the big names like DHL,Fedex,UPS,TNT.

I got several cues from abroad and used the above method and didn't have to pay any custom duty.

Hope that helps!

Couldn't agree with you more! I've got JP & TW cues that came in earlier for me n I had declared a much lower value on the invoice. So they were not taxed at all. But if they were declared at their actual value, then I'd have to pay quite a bit of tax. While using couriers like UPS, FedEx, DHL should ensure safe delivery.

This is the montrealer's Country Flag

vCash

HI I have bought a lot of cues from the Uk mostly used cues this is what i do i tell the seller to show as gift and low value repaired cue and most of the time i do not have to pay customs fees

H if the item gets lost or damaged you are only insured for the value of the cue that seller puts it most of the times your cue arrives safely. Also you tell person that is sending you the cue to give you Tracking Number so that you can Track your item hope this helps

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by poona View Post
    Sometimes watch a program on PickTV on freeview (border control) and it shows dealings with customs from both UK and OZ. Have to say the OZ customs folk are strict as f##k and this is only for passengers at airports. You'd have done better to get a 'friend' to pay for cue at Johns, have it delivered to their UK address and then they forward on to your OZ address marked 'Gift'...

Disclaimer - This is only an idea of course as I would never advocate tax evasion.
    If you pay in the uk John parris will ad VAT.

This is ADR147's Country Flag

vCash
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
    The only way to avoid custom duty is to request the cue merchant to declare low value for the cue say 100 pounds or less in the invoice then you won't be charged any custom duty.
    The only risk with that is that if the cue gets lost or damaged then courier company will be liable for only the declared value in the invoice.
    But 99.9 of the times your parcel is safe with the big names like DHL,Fedex,UPS,TNT.

I got several cues from abroad and used the above method and didn't have to pay any custom duty.

Hope that helps!
    99.9% my arse! mate i had them lose nearly 3k in a single month!

This is ADR147's Country Flag

vCash
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by poona View Post

i do this a lot - it is perfectly legal for somebody to buy a cue send it to me and for me to send it on - it is then second hand and the value is debatable. i usually retip them and send it on as repaired cue when it is to oz, after all i am not aware of whether or not the cue is new and since my job is to repair the tip it's not up to me to check.

This is snookerbum's Country Flag

vCash

am fine with that!

This is prince07799's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    99.9% my arse! mate i had them lose nearly 3k in a single month!
    How do make your cash because lookin on here you lose sh*t loads, and its not your fault but it must be hard to lose this sort of money and make a living

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast