Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: John Parris Cues - ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL BUYERS

This is thienyo12's Country Flag

vCash

Default John Parris Cues - ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL BUYERS

Hi all,

I'd like to share with you the experience I had with Parris Cues.

Put through my order April last year for a 3pc.

Payment was sent through which included the delivery to Australia for 62pounds.

What I want to make aware you all, in particular those who are buying internationally, that you will be hit with further costs once in the customers on your own country.

I was contacted by UPS (courier service parries chooses), saying that I must attend to the cost of $352AUD which was the cost for quarantine, quarantine possession, custom entry. I'm quite disappointed as Parris did not make aware to me of any potential costs or charges. They insist that this is a charge that I am liable for. Buyers internationally need to take this under consideration as this may ultimately affect your purchasing budget, thus your overall decision.

Not only that, Parris states that their courier service would allow the recipient to receive their item within 2-5 days. In which It took me 12 days including the weekend for the cue to even reach Australia, let alone the state that I'm living in. For some reason the cue went to 8 different stops in 3 different countries before it even routed for Australia.

Ive bought/sold internationally before, but I find it absolutely ridiculous that I am liable for this cost, as if these costs arnt met my cue will not be released by customs.

Feel free to leave your opinions below, and share your experience if you have had the same thing happen to you.

I'm not happy.
    Last edited by thienyo12; 4th October 2012 at 12:37 AM.

vCash

I'm sorry you have been caught out by these high charges and it seems like an awful lot of money. In my opinion though I don't believe it is the fault of John Parris. He has done his part by delivering the cue to your country and then your government have stepped in and are basically holding it to ransom to cover there high costs and taxes. They sometimes do the same in the uk and it can be luck if you get charged or not. I believe unfortunately it's up to the customer to realise and research into there own governments tax system and charging structure. It would be ridiculous to expect this from the seller.
    Just saying!!
    I would try and complain to your tax office or ups stating the costs seem extortionate.

This is crispian jones's Country Flag

vCash

Governments not john in my opinion

seems verry steep though

This is DandyA's Country Flag

vCash

according to Google, $352 AUD is about 220 GBP (UK pounds) ...

I'm not an expert at all but I've just Googled Australian import charges which suggest there is a 5% import duty and 10% GST on imported snooker cues ... for a 700 cue with shipping, this would amount to approx $220 AUD ...

It might be worth you asking UPS for an itemised breakdown of how they arrive at a charge of $352 ...

vCash

ups charge handling fee for large item.1pc cue almost for sure you have to pay extra handling fee.

vCash

its a 3pc, handling fee should already in incorporated in the purchasing cost when dealing with Parris.

Buyers need to be aware of facing additional costs, as i believe many of us such as myself have a budget and bid by it. But formyself on this occasion, It has cost me way too much. I always thought that buying a new cue would be far cheaper than buying a used cue, but in my opinion, it wasnt work the time and money.

vCash

its a 3pc, handling fee should already in incorporated in the purchasing cost when dealing with Parris.

Buyers need to be aware of facing additional costs, as i believe many of us such as myself have a budget and bid by it. But formyself on this occasion, It has cost me way too much. I always thought that buying a new cue would be far cheaper than buying a used cue, but in my opinion, it wasnt work the time and money.

vCash

Agree with other people here. It's not up to John to work out for you what charges you may or may not get changed because of the cue being put into quarantine.

You asked John to make a cue and deliver it to Australia... He did just that.

This is sunny3909's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    Agree with other people here. It's not up to John to work out for you what charges you may or may not get changed because of the cue being put into quarantine.

You asked John to make a cue and deliver it to Australia... He did just that.
    The only way to avoid custom duty is to request the cue merchant to declare low value for the cue say 100 pounds or less in the invoice then you won't be charged any custom duty.
    The only risk with that is that if the cue gets lost or damaged then courier company will be liable for only the declared value in the invoice.
    But 99.9 of the times your parcel is safe with the big names like DHL,Fedex,UPS,TNT.

I got several cues from abroad and used the above method and didn't have to pay any custom duty.

Hope that helps!

This is narl's Country Flag

vCash

So you want Parris cues to pay the duty on the cue? Good luck with that, you import anything you risk getting stung, nothing to do with the cue maker in any way whatsoever.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast