Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cue Care - Rough Finish

This is Golden's Country Flag

vCash

Default Cue Care - Rough Finish

I've just purchased a new cue from a reputable cue maker and whilst the cue is perfect in it's specification, it appears to have a somewhat rougher finish than expected. I contacted the supplier who advised to use linseed oil and burnish after but it still seems a bit rough on the grain.

-- This message may have been cut off and the rest will only be shown to members. To become a member, Click HERE --

This is Dave Walton's Country Flag

vCash

Just adding oil won't solve the problem. Its hard to say without seeing the cue but the grain may have swelled which would need to be sanded back, dep

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

vCash

If you want to seal/fill the grain yourself you can get aurora grain sealer on ebay. Or mix, sand sealer with a fine powder filler with wood dye to cr

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

This is stejohn's Country Flag

vCash

some Ash is rougher/coarser than other, not to be said that all can't be finished to a high standard. Not easy to do unless you know what you are doin

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

Default Cue Care - Rough Finish

I recently sent an old ash pool cue of mine that needed a touch of grain filler in places to -- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --
    Up the TSF!

This is Terry Davidson's Country Flag

vCash

I have had a few rough feeling cues here and I solved this problem using 1,000 and 2,000 grit emery paper. I couldn't find what I wanted in a wood wo

vCash

New handmade quality cues need constant burnishing for a while until the wood absorbs the oil and hardens up. Just get a piece of A4paper and rub the

vCash

vCash

I wouldn't disagree with that. I just see people turning to sandpaper all too quickly when it isn't necessary. If mine had to see sandpaper to put it

vCash

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast